About Michael Mathieson
Michael specialises in superannuation, life insurance and financial services law. Michael's clients include the wealth management arms of the major banks, industry and corporate superannuation funds, life companies and financial advice businesses.
Michael advises on:
- prudential authorisations, financial services licensing and other regulatory law requirements for financial sector entities;
- the design and distribution of financial products, including superannuation, pension, life insurance and structured products;
- remuneration and advice arrangements in the financial sector;
- business and product rationalisations in the financial sector, including successor fund transfers and Part 9 life insurance business transfers;
- investments by, and investments in, financial sector entities, and financial sector transactions generally;
- product and customer terms and conditions; and
- material outsourcing agreements and reinsurance treaties.
Michael's clients include AMP, ANZ, AustralianSuper, CBA, Local Government Super, Macquarie, MetLife, RBA and Westpac.
Michael publishes regularly on the matters in which he specialises, including in Unravelled, the Australian Superannuation Law Bulletin and the Financial Services Newsletter. He is a member of the Law Council of Australia's Superannuation Committee.