About Ha Nguyen
Ha specialises in Corporate and M&A and has extensive experience in anti-trust matters. She advises international strategic and private equity investors on major private and public M&A transactions in Vietnam across a wide range of industries.
Ha's recent experience includes advising:
- Bank of Ayudhya (BAY) – on its investment in SHB Finance Vietnam.
- CP Vietnam – on its strategic investment in Sao Ta (Fimex), a company listed on HOSE.
- Actis – on its strategic joint venture with An Phat Holdings to develop An Phat 1 Industrial Park.
- International Bank – on the bidding for the acquisition of Citibank’s consumer business in Vietnam.
- Credit Suisse – on its various financing transactions in Vietnam.
- Temasek – on its USD650 million co-investment with KKR in VinHomes, the largest real estate developer listed on HOSE.
- Kasikorn Vision – on its investments in Sendo and Citigo and other proposed investments Vietnam.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia – on its ongoing investment in Vietnam International Bank and on the sale of its Vietnam business, including its HCMC branch, to Vietnam International Bank and on the sale of CBA Digital Solutions Vietnam as part of its sale of Tyme Digital in Africa to ARC.
- Philip Morris – on its strategic business expansion in Vietnam.
- GoJek – on its business operation in Vietnam, including strategic M&A transactions and corporate projects.
- Patamar Capital Fund 2 Singapore Pte Ltd – on its investment in a Vietnamese company operating in finance consultancy services.
- Clermont Group – on its acquisition of iCare Benefits Asia, the Singapore holding company for a Vietnamese online retailer and operator of an e-payment platform, Mobivi.
- MC-Bauchemie – on its acquisition of a majority stake in BIFI, a construction chemicals manufacturer located in the north of Vietnam.
- Ho Tram Investments Limited – on its divesture from the Sanctuary resort project in Vung Tau province.
- TCC Corporation – on its proposed acquisition of Big C business in Vietnam from France's Casino Group.
Ha also has significant experience advising on the full range of competition and consumer law issues, including acting for international clients such as BHP Group, Bain Capital, Goldman Sachs, Nestle, Covestro, Bayer, Sanofi, LG Electronics on Vietnam merger filings for numerous complex global transactions which span a broad range of sectors including energy and natural resources, financial services (including banking, insurance and consumer finance), manufacturing, consumer goods, healthcare and pharmaceuticals.