About Hien Nguyen
Hien has a strong M&A background having advised leading investors like Temasek, TA Associates and Iberdrola. He has accumulated extensive experience in cutting edge areas of the law including renewable energy, data privacy and fintech.
Hien's relevant experience includes advising:
- PE investors – on their investment in a prominent distributor of household appliances in the Vietnam market.
- Con Cung – on the sale of minority stake in leading mother and baby products distributor, Con Cung Investment, to Quadria Capital.
- Leading ride haling platform – on its business operation in Vietnam.
- BDA Capital and Thien Viet Securities – on their Series A investment in paediatric clinic operator Nhi Dong 315.
- International healthcare company – on various operational and regulatory issues in relation to its business in Vietnam.
- Affirma (previously Standard Chartered Private Equity) – on its various investments in Vietnam.
- Iberdrola – on the acquisition of two Vietnamese subsidiaries of German renewable energy group Sowitec. The acquisition includes a 550 MW pipeline of green assets, comprising five onshore wind farms and one floating solar project under development.
- Mainstream Renewable – on its acquisition of an 80 per cent stake in a local company seeking to develop a 400+ MW portfolio of solar power projects in Vietnam.
- BIM Group – on its joint venture investment for development of wind renewable projects.
- Foreign bank – on a proposed investment in a finance company in Vietnam.
- Foreign bank – on regulatory aspects of their banking activities in Vietnam.
- Finance company – on its entrustment lending arrangement to provide entrusted loan products to consumers in Vietnam.
- International clients – on various data privacy and regulatory issues concerning their business in Vietnam.
Hien obtained an LLB from the Hanoi Law University and LLM of Business and Commercial Law from the University of Auckland.