About Phil O'Sullivan
Phil specialises in technology, media and telecommunications, with experience working across sectors on major procurement, data and business transformation projects for both commercial and government clients.
Phil leads our eHealth (including digital and data transformation) stream, which feeds into the Allens national healthcare sector team. Phil applies his previous working experience as an executive at the Australian Medical Council (3 years) to this role, focusing on Allens' contribution to healthcare initiatives in the Asia-Pacific region.
Phil also works with start-ups across intellectual property, data use and protection, and other issues that affect emerging companies. Phil’s recent experience includes advising:
- First State Super – advising on its successful A$2.8 billion bid to operate a 40-year concession of land titling and registry operations of Land Use Victoria, including advising on data components of value added service offerings.
- Hasting Funds Management Limited – advising a consortium on its successful A$2.6 billion bid to operate a 35-year concession of the land titling and registry operations of New South Wales Land and Property Information.
- S.W.I.F.T SCRL – on its provision of a new payments platform to the Reserve Bank of Australia and 11 other participating financial institutions in Australia.
- Medical Director – in relation to its data use and privacy matters, on its launch of the Helix cloud based practice management software platform, and on its arrangements with Marketplace partners and end users.
- Tyde – designing its patient controlled, consent focused, user platform experience, including advising on privacy and matters, developing privacy compliant documents (based on Australian and international standards) and preparing key partner agreements across its business.
- Electoral Commission Queensland – on its procurement of replacement election management technology (Election Gateway).
- Sydney Airport Corporation Limited – on its procurement of common use terminal equipment, technology and support services from an international vendor.
- The Star Entertainment Group – on its procurement of point-of-sale software across New South Wales and Queensland.
- a major telecommunications provider – on its successful billion-dollar bid to provide Department of Defence whole of terrestrial communication services.
Phil has co-authored the article 'Tell me your location! Geo-tagging on the rise' which was published in the Australian Media, Technology and Communication Law Bulletin (April 2015).
Phil has co-authored the article 'Full steam ahead: update on the mandatory data retention scheme' which was published in the Australian Media, Technology and Communication Law Bulletin (April 2015).
Phil has guest-lectured at Queensland University of Technology on Enterprise 2.0 – 'Social media and legal risks'.
Phil has co-authored the article 'Implementation of Australia's PCEHR System Reviewed' which was published in the eHealthlaw&policy monthly journal (Volume 1, Issue 6, July 2014).