About Phil O'Sullivan
Phil specialises in technology, media and telecommunications, working across all sectors on critical technology infrastructure, major technology procurement, data, privacy and regulatory advisory and technology contracting for both commercial and government clients.
Phil brings health tech, digital and data transformation and health regulatory experience as a key member of our national healthcare sector team, focusing on Allens' contribution to healthcare initiatives across the Asia-Pacific region. Phil applies his previous working experience as a senior executive at the Australian Medical Council (3 years).
Phil also focuses on digital infrastructure assets and the aerospace and defence sectors, and he works closely with start-ups and scale-ups across intellectual property, data governance and use, corporate law, fundraising and other issues that affect emerging companies.
Phil’s recent experience includes advising:
- AstraZeneca – advising on the supply of the AstraZeneca/Oxford University COVID-19 vaccine (AZD1222) to the Australian and New Zealand Governments, and advising on the manufacturing arrangements between AstraZeneca and CSL Limited for the manufacture of that vaccine in Australia.
- Aware Super – advising on its successful A$2.8 billion bid to operate a 40-year concession of land titling and registry operations of Land Use Victoria, including advising on data components of value added service offerings.
- S.W.I.F.T SCRL and SWIFT Domestic Australia – on its design, build and operation of the New Payments Platform (enabling 24/7 instant payments and real-time line-by-line settlement and PayID) to the Reserve Bank of Australia and participating financial institutions in Australia, and on the design, build and operation of the Mandate Management Service.
- Airservices Australia – advising on a major network transformation project, key support arrangements for its air traffic management replacement project and other commercial arrangements including developing new prototype/partnering agreements for technology and infrastructure innovation.
- Palantir – advising on commercial contracting and software licensing matters.
- Heritage Bank – advising across its business on a range of technology contracting and data regulatory matters, including new procurements, compliance with prudential standards and advisory work on the Consumer Data Right.
- Naval Group Gide Loyrette Nouel – advising on technology aspects of its delivery of the future submarine program.
- NSW Rural Fire Service – on its acquisition of and ongoing support arrangements for large air tanker aircraft, supporting lead planes and helicopters, including the procurement of new line-scanning and intelligence capability from an international vendor.
- Medical Director – advising across its business (software for medical practitioners) in relation to regulatory compliance, data use, software development/licensing and data protection, including developing new data insight offerings, its new cloud solution, developing 'privacy by design' frameworks and on international expansion.
- CIGNA International – advising on its establishment of a JV with nib Group, creating Honeysuckle Health (a health services and specialist data science company) which provides a range of health programs and services to health funds.
- Victorian Land Registry Services – advising across its business as the private operator of the Victorian land titles registry, including regulatory compliance and developing new data products.