About Jeremy Quan-Sing
Jeremy advises a broad range of clients in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors, often in relation to high value, complex and strategic disputes. He is expert in assisting clients with litigation, arbitration, mediation and other dispute resolution processes.
Jeremy has extensive experience dealing with major project and construction disputes across a broad range of projects. He also advises clients in the asset acquisition, exploration and production stages of projects. In addition to his legal qualifications, Jeremy has an honours degree in engineering, which assists him to quickly understand and advise on technical issues.
Some of Jeremy's experience includes:
- International arbitration – acting in international arbitrations where the subject matter is high value and strategic. ICC Rules, seated in Singapore. Matters confidential.
- Major project disputes – acting in relation to complex & high value construction disputes. Jeremy's recent experience includes acting for a project operator in connection with a US$34 billion LNG Project. Other experience includes disputes over the design and construction of mines, processing facilities, pipelines, materials handling plant, railways, civil works, offloading jetties and commercial/retail developments.
- Pricing arbitrations – acting in gas price reviews triggered under long term supply agreements to supply gas to both the Western Australian and the Eastern Australian domestic gas markets.
- Royalty dispute – advising a foreign corporation with significant State ownership in relation to a high value royalty dispute arising out of a magnetite project in Western Australia.
- Gas supply dispute – assisting a domestic gas producer with a dispute arising under a gas supply agreement in the Western Australian domestic gas market.
- Upstream oil and gas joint venture disputes – acting for various oil and gas producers in relation to exploration, development and production operations. Jeremy's experience includes advising on joint venture disputes concerning: sole risk drilling operations, pre-emptive rights, and budgeting and expenditure issues. Jeremy has acted for both operator and non-operator entities.
- Offshore drilling rig dispute – acting for an international energy company in a drilling rig dispute relating to its Western Australian offshore oil tenements. Successfully resolved a claim worth in the order of AUD$100 million.
- Director / shareholder disputes – advising on a range of Corporations law issues and acting in relation to director and shareholder disputes.
- Security of payment adjudications – extensive experience in preparing and responding to security of payment adjudications. Successfully defended a number of high value (circa US$100 million) adjudication applications on one resources project. Also experienced in challenging adjudication determinations by judicial review.
- IT & Telecommunications – acting in a dispute concerning the design and supply of fibre to the premise broadband network technology for a pilot project in Perth.
Jeremy previously spent almost a year on secondment to the in-house legal team of a major domestic oil and gas producer giving him valuable industry insight.
Jeremy has been trained formally in Legal Project Management, most recently attending a full-day LPM workshop delivered by US legal project management expert Susan Raridon Lambreth. Jeremy's LPM expertise drives efficient legal and business outcomes for his clients.