About Veronica Siow
Veronica advises employers in private and public sectors on all aspects of the employment life cycle and on safety and industrial relations matters. She provides strategic advice on employment and safety governance, risk and compliance, and on workforce issues that are highly sensitive, business critical or that have reputational significance for our clients.
She has extensive experience advising on executive matters, major workforce restructures, the integration of workforces post-acquisition and workplace investigations. She has worked on some of the firm's most significant transactions and was the lead employment and industrial relations advisor on the NSW Government's long term leases of its electricity network assets (AU$10.2bn TransGrid, AU$16.2bn Ausgrid and AU$7.6bn Endeavour Energy transactions).
Veronica's experience includes:
- advising on employment practices compliance and regulatory investigations by Fair Work Ombudsman and SafeWork authorities;
- advising on crisis management and incident response;
- advising on workforce change management, including restructuring of workforces, notification and consultation obligations, redundancies and redeployment;
- advising on senior executive matters (including executive service agreements, termination benefits (and related issues under the Corporations Act and ASX listing rules) and post-employment restraints);
- acting as a sounding board for clients, advising on all aspects of the employment life cycle, including management of long term absences, performance and conduct issues, and termination;
- acting for employers in unfair dismissal, adverse action, discrimination and breach of contract claims (including claims by or involving senior executives), post-employment restraint enforcement proceedings;
- acting for employers in prosecutions by SafeWork authorities;
- acting for employers in industrial matters, including enterprise bargaining and union disputes;
- conducting investigations into employee grievances and misconduct allegations (including those involving bullying, sexual harassment, victimisation and fraud); and
- conducting training and risk management workshops for clients in relation to their obligations under employment and safety law and management of key workforce risks, including respect to accessorial liability, sexual and other forms of harassment, bullying, work health and safety (including on directors' and officers' due diligence obligations under WHS law), grievance management, whistleblower matters, diversity, and social media in the workplace.
Veronica’s clients include TransGrid, Endeavour Energy, Mirvac, Rio Tinto, Santos, BlueScope Steel, Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, Wesfarmers, Sydney Airport, The Star Entertainment Group, nbn co, Sony Music, The Walt Disney Company, Zendesk, Arch Insurance, AstraZeneca, Westpac, HSBC, Bank of China, Citibank and NSW Government.