About Dang Vu
Dang has solid experience practicing law in a wide range of fields and specialises in banking and corporate finance (including project finance and acquisition financing), securities (including public M&A) and capital markets. Dang has advised leading banks like IFC and Bangkok Bank, and investors like Heineken and TPG Capital.
Dang’s relevant experience includes advising:
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) – on numerous financing transactions in Vietnam including (i) a loan to Bel Ga Vietnam for the establishment of a poultry breeding facility in Vietnam, (ii) subscription for a convertible bond issued by Anova Corporation to finance its animal health business, (iii) US$57 million loan to finance two onshore wind power projects of REE Corporation, and (iv) US$700 million loan to finance the expansion of a production facility in Bac Ninh province and the greenfield production project in Nghe An province of Goertek.
- Bangkok Bank – on a multi-million dollar project finance for (i) a solar energy project in Tay Ninh and (ii) a wind energy project in Soc Trang.
- BIM Energy – on a US$251 million loan by commercial banks to finance BIM’s solar power projects.
- Deutsche Bank – US$81 million loan provided to Lodgis Hospitality Holdings to fund the acquisition of a majority stake in Ho Tram Strip Resort in Vietnam.
- Cathay United Bank – US$48 million loan to EOT Capital Partners to finance the acquisition of the ILA English teaching centers business and ILO English kindergarten in Vietnam.
- MayBank – US$135 million cross-border bilateral loan for Viettel Global to finance its working capital and investments in its subsidiaries in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
- TPG Capital – US$90 million loan to TPG to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in VAS (an international school system in Vietnam).
- Heineken Vietnam – on its acquisition of Carlsberg’s brewery in Vung Tau.
- Abbott Pharmaceuticals – on its acquisition of Glomed Pharmaceutical and Domesco and various strategic M&A transactions and corporate matters in Vietnam.
- Ho Tram Investments Limited – on its divesture from the Sanctuary resort project in Vung Tau province.
Dang obtained an LLB from the University of Law of Ho Chi Minh City and an LLM of International Commercial Law from the University of Sussex, each with distinctions.