Every sector – be it infrastructure, mining and power, or even banking, real estate, technology and healthcare – has its own unique issues or regulation to navigate, and opportunities to explore.
Our sector teams, led by Emma Warren (view CV), work closely with a range of clients, helping them to spot opportunities, anticipate risks to their business, and bring together a range of experts – for instance, M&A, financing, disputes, tax or workplace – to ensure your transaction or matter is run efficiently and according to your timetable.
From navigating regulations, predicting trends, or understanding the political landscape, our people enjoy being part of the debate and discussion.
Here are some recent videos.
Foreign investment in Australian infrastructure – national security considerations
Partner Wendy Rae in conversation with David Irvine AO, Chair FIRB.
Foreign investment in the Agricultural sector
Partner Wendy Rae in conversation with David Irvine AO, Chair FIRB
A summary of climate change and climate risk disclosure
Watch Dr Fiona Wild, Vice President, Climate Change & Sustainability, BHP Billiton, and Emily Gerrard, Co-Head Climate Change, Allens
In conversation with Mick Keogh, ACCC Commissioner
Watch Partner Carolyn Oddie in conversation with Mick Keogh on developments in Australian Agriculture.
Insights from Dr Alan Finkel AO, Australia's Chief Scientist
Watch Dr Finkel share his thoughts on the way technology is driving our ability to transform the energy sector, the ideal mix of technology in renewables and the role science has to play in our low carbon future.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from David Rohrsheim
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks David Rohrsheim, General Manager for Australia and New Zealand, Uber to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from Paul McCarney
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks Paul McCarney, Co-Founder and CEO, Data Republic to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Thames Tideway Tunnel and the Regulated Asset Base model
Watch Infrastructure & Transport Sector Leader Leighton O'Brien speak to London Partner Charlotte Morgan about this landmark project and the innovative funding model.
Operating in today's complex global business environment, clients need advisers with an international presence.
Allens offers clients access to the best legal minds and resources in the Asia region.
- Allens Accelerate
- Allens a+ (Alternative Legal Services)
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- China Group
- Class Actions
- Climate Change
- Company Secretariat
- Competition Law
- Construction & Major Projects
- Data Governance, Data Services, Privacy & Cyber
- Disputes & Investigations
- Employment & Safety
- Environment & Planning
- Financial Services Regulation
- Funds Management
- Head Office & Governance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Intellectual Property
- International Business Obligations
- Japan Group
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patents & Trade Marks
- Personal Property Securities
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Investigations
- Renewable Energy
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Technology & Outsourcing
- advised on record-breaking commercial property sale in Sydney's north
- advised InfraRed Capital on Curtin University's campus vision
- advised Mirvac on first Melbourne build-to-rent development
- advised Mirvac on $750m equity raising
- acted for PZ Cussons defending the first contested 'hub and spoke' cartel case
- advised on Sydney Airport's market-leading sustainability linked loan
- advised on Ravenhall Prison Project refinancing
- advised Canva on Pexels acquisition
- advised on PPA for Intelligent Water Networks
- advised Evolve Housing on A$70 million affordable housing facility
- ECM activity ramping up in 2019
- acted for BNP Paribas, United Overseas Bank and Standard Chartered Bank in Propertylink takeover
- advised on acquisition of RCR Tomlinson's resources, power and water businesses
- advised KKR's Australian Venue Co. on joint venture with Coles
- advised Brambles on sale of IFCO reusable plastic containers business for US$2.51b
- advised Plenary Schools consortium on refinancing
- advised Joint Lead Managers on $1.65b hybrid issue by NAB
- advised on $314m sale of Melbourne office tower
- advised CAF Investment Projects on Momentum Trains consortium bid
- advised Naval Group on $50bn Attack Class Submarine Program
News & Publications RSS Feed
- 17 June 2019
- 14 June 2019
- Media - 12 June 2019
Patents & Trade MarksRead More
Allens Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys is a leading Australian firm, delivering a comprehensive patents, trade marks and designs service. We can help you with searches, advice, patent drafting, applications, examinations, oppositions and portfolio management services.
Working with governmentRead More
Allens has extensive experience in acting for departments, agencies and statutory authorities at all levels of government in Australia.
To read more on our individual service areas, either move your mouse over 'Services' in the top menu and choose a sector or practice area or select any of the sectors or practice areas in the grey box at the bottom of this page.
Franki is an M&A and corporate advisory expert
Michelle specialises in superannuation, life insurance, distribution and financial services law