Every sector – be it infrastructure, mining and power, or even banking, real estate, technology and healthcare – has its own unique issues or regulation to navigate, and opportunities to explore.
Our sector teams, led by Emma Warren (view CV), work closely with a range of clients, helping them to spot opportunities, anticipate risks to their business, and bring together a range of experts – for instance, M&A, financing, disputes, tax or workplace – to ensure your transaction or matter is run efficiently and according to your timetable.
From navigating regulations, predicting trends, or understanding the political landscape, our people enjoy being part of the debate and discussion.
Here are some recent videos.
Foreign investment in Australian infrastructure – national security considerations
Partner Wendy Rae in conversation with David Irvine AO, Chair FIRB.
Foreign investment in the Agricultural sector
Partner Wendy Rae in conversation with David Irvine AO, Chair FIRB
A summary of climate change and climate risk disclosure
Watch Dr Fiona Wild, Vice President, Climate Change & Sustainability, BHP Billiton, and Emily Gerrard, Co-Head Climate Change, Allens
In conversation with Mick Keogh, ACCC Commissioner
Watch Partner Carolyn Oddie in conversation with Mick Keogh on developments in Australian Agriculture.
Insights from Dr Alan Finkel AO, Australia's Chief Scientist
Watch Dr Finkel share his thoughts on the way technology is driving our ability to transform the energy sector, the ideal mix of technology in renewables and the role science has to play in our low carbon future.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from David Rohrsheim
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks David Rohrsheim, General Manager for Australia and New Zealand, Uber to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from Paul McCarney
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks Paul McCarney, Co-Founder and CEO, Data Republic to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Thames Tideway Tunnel and the Regulated Asset Base model
Watch Infrastructure & Transport Sector Leader Leighton O'Brien speak to London Partner Charlotte Morgan about this landmark project and the innovative funding model.
Operating in today's complex global business environment, clients need advisers with an international presence.
Allens offers clients access to the best legal minds and resources in the Asia region.
- Allens Accelerate
- Allens a+ (Alternative Legal Services)
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- China Group
- Class Actions
- Climate Change
- Company Secretariat
- Competition Law
- Construction & Major Projects
- Data Governance, Data Services, Privacy & Cyber
- Disputes & Investigations
- Employment & Safety
- Environment & Planning
- Financial Services Regulation
- Funds Management
- Head Office & Governance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Intellectual Property
- International Business Obligations
- Japan Group
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patents & Trade Marks
- Personal Property Securities
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Investigations
- Renewable Energy
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Technology & Outsourcing
- advised Naval Group on $50bn Attack Class Submarine Program
- advised leading tech company LIFX on sale to Buddy Platform
- advised Sumitomo Australia on Infinite Energy acquisition
- advised Octopus Investments on first Australian transaction
- advised Sydney Airport on corporate PPA
- advised BAE on $35bn Australian Navy shipbuilding program
- advised on $9m automated and connected vehicle grant program for VicRoads
- advised Keppel Infrastructure Trust on $1.1bn acquisition of Ixom
- advised Westbourne Capital on wind and battery power financing
- advised The GEO Group Australia on Junee Correctional Centre deal
- advised Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners on $1.6bn consortium acquisition of PEXA
- advised Woodside on long term gas sale and purchase agreement
- advised The GEO Group on Fulham Prison expansion
- advised CBA on $1.25bn Hybrid Issue
- Allens serves up sale of premium pastry manufacturer
- advised Cue on Ironbark joint venture coordination agreement, farm-out and option
- advised Redbubble on capital raising to fund TeePublic acquisition
- acted on sale of the Optima Centre to Charter Hall
- advised on Australia's first waste-to-energy facility
- advised X-Elio on solar farm planning approval
News & Publications RSS Feed
- Media: Allens and Gide advise Naval Group on the program for 12 regionally superior submarines for AustraliaMedia - 15 February 2019
- Client Update - 15 February 2019
- Client Update - 14 February 2019
Patents & Trade MarksRead More
Allens Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys is a leading Australian firm, delivering a comprehensive patents, trade marks and designs service. We can help you with searches, advice, patent drafting, applications, examinations, oppositions and portfolio management services.
Working with governmentRead More
Allens has extensive experience in acting for departments, agencies and statutory authorities at all levels of government in Australia.
To read more on our individual service areas, either move your mouse over 'Services' in the top menu and choose a sector or practice area or select any of the sectors or practice areas in the grey box at the bottom of this page.
Alan's areas of expertise are corporate finance, acquisition finance, property finance and other structured transactions
Malcolm is a commercial litigator with extensive experience acting for clients in some of Australia's largest and most complex commercial disputes