Every sector – be it infrastructure, mining and power, or even banking, real estate, technology and healthcare – has its own unique issues or regulation to navigate, and opportunities to explore.
Our sector teams, led by Head of Sectors Emma Warren (view CV), work closely with a range of clients, helping them to spot opportunities, anticipate risks to their business, and bring together a range of experts – for instance, M&A, financing, disputes, tax or workplace – to ensure your transaction or matter is run efficiently and according to your timetable.
From navigating regulations, predicting trends, or understanding the political landscape, our people enjoy being part of the debate and discussion.
Here are some recent videos.
A summary of climate change and climate risk disclosure
Watch Dr Fiona Wild, Vice President, Climate Change & Sustainability, BHP Billiton, and Emily Gerrard, Co-Head Climate Change, Allens
In conversation with Mick Keogh, ACCC Commissioner
Watch Partner Carolyn Oddie in conversation with Mick Keogh on developments in Australian Agriculture.
Insights from Dr Alan Finkel AO, Australia's Chief Scientist
Watch Dr Finkel share his thoughts on the way technology is driving our ability to transform the energy sector, the ideal mix of technology in renewables and the role science has to play in our low carbon future.
Private Equity: the Year Ahead
Partner Mark Malinas discusses the year ahead in Private Equity and opportunities for future investment in Australia.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from David Rohrsheim
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks David Rohrsheim, General Manager for Australia and New Zealand, Uber to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from Paul McCarney
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks Paul McCarney, Co-Founder and CEO, Data Republic to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Thames Tideway Tunnel and the Regulated Asset Base model
Watch Infrastructure & Transport Sector Leader Leighton O'Brien speak to London Partner Charlotte Morgan about this landmark project and the innovative funding model.
Arbitration Week – a recap
Partner Andrea Martignoni and Consultant Jim Morrison discuss some of the key insights and highlights from Sydney Arbitration Week 2015, including a look at the concept of investment treaty arbitration and protection, and Australia as a seat for international arbitration.
Operating in today's complex global business environment, clients need advisers with an international presence.
Allens offers clients access to the best legal minds and resources in the Asia region.
- Allens Accelerate
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- China Group
- Class Actions
- Climate Change
- Company Secretariat
- Competition Law
- Construction & Major Projects
- Environment & Planning
- Financial Services Regulation
- Funds Management
- Head Office & Governance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Intellectual Property
- International Business Obligations
- Japan Group
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patents & Trade Marks
- Personal Property Securities
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Technology & Outsourcing
- Workplace Relations
- advised on successful $2.6bn bid for NSW LPI concession
- advised Villa World on $80m capital management initiatives
- advised financiers on Manildra Solar Farm Project
- advised ACCIONA on Geotech acquisition
- advised on landmark solar farm portfolio financing
- advised Bain Capital Private Equity on acquisition of Camp Australia
- advised PEP on acquisition of Allied Mills
- assisted AGL with sale of Silverton wind farm
- advised DUET Group on $7.3 billion takeover proposal
- advised Bendigo and Adelaide Bank on strategic partnership with Equity Trustees
- advised Hunan Valin on US$355m issuance
- advised AGL on second stage of renewables fund
- advised Dixon Hospitality on proposed purchase of iconic Sydney venues
- advised SpeedCast on $295m entitlement offer
- advised on NZ cornerstone road infrastructure
- advises Newcrest on Hidden Valley sale
- advised NSW Treasury on $16.2bn Ausgrid transaction
- advised Plenary on market-leading infrastructure bond deal
- advised Cue Energy on Ironbark prospect farm-out and option
- advised Australia Post on global e-commerce joint venture
News & Publications RSS Feed
- Media - 28 April 2017
- Client Update - 21 April 2017
- Focus - 20 April 2017
Patents & Trade MarksRead More
Allens Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys is a leading Australian firm, delivering a comprehensive patents, trade marks and designs service. We can help you with searches, advice, patent drafting, applications, examinations, oppositions and portfolio management services.
Working with governmentRead More
Allens has extensive experience in acting for departments, agencies and statutory authorities at all levels of government in Australia.
To read more on our individual service areas, either move your mouse over 'Services' in the top menu and choose a sector or practice area or select any of the sectors or practice areas in the grey box at the bottom of this page.
Ian's in-depth understanding of his clients' businesses, his commerciality and flexibility, have resulted in a range of domestic and international banking...
Malcolm is a commercial litigator with extensive experience acting for clients in some of Australia's largest and most complex commercial disputes