Allens Intellectual Property team can assist you to commercialise your patent portfolio effectively.
Patents can not only preserve, but create market share, and we'll help you commercialise your patents, your know-how and your confidential information to its maximum potential. We combine the tough commercial skills of our intellectual property lawyers with those of our integrated patent and trade mark attorney firm to offer you an unrivalled blend of expertise and experience.
Research and development agreements help combine diverse intellectual property and skills to develop new concepts, and we have extensive experience in drafting and negotiating agreements so that you will be clear on:
- who is doing the research - and who is paying for it?
- exactly what patents, know-how, confidential information and intellectual property are the participants contributing?
- what rights will participants have in the project's results?
We work closely with university-based researchers and organisations on their R&D agreements.
Licences can provide you with very valuable income streams, and effective licensing enables you to maximise the commercial potential of your patents. Further, we can also advise you on accepting licences of patents and related know-how, to add that vital competitive edge to your business, and establish invaluable commercial relationships.
When you are acquiring or selling businesses, we offer specialist advice and conduct reviews and assessments of patents and other intellectual property to ensure the effective valuation and transfer of intellectual property so that you cut the best deal you can get.
Rights to employee intellectual property are critical, and we can help you address workplace intellectual property and confidentiality issues.
For more information, visit our Intellectual Property section.
We also provide you with other commercial services, including:
- assignment of patents;
- advice to help you avoid disclosing patentable material any earlier than you have to; and
- set-up of your internal mechanisms for the effective management of confidential information and know-how, including drafting and negotiating confidentiality agreements.
When you need us to, we can draw on the enormous range of specialist skills available within our firm to help you commercialise your patents. For example:
- Allens Corporate and Commercial team can help you with all aspects of your company structure, including incorporation, joint venture agreements and corporate vehicles;
- Allens Competition Law team can work with you to resolve the competition law issues that frequently crop up in licensing agreements;
- Allens Tax department can figure out ways to maximise tax efficiency for you - on the very smartest design licence structure, for example; and
- our IT specialists can advise you on your computer software, e-commerce, telecommunications or Internet issues.
To find out how we can help you commercialise your patents, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our associated law firm Allens operates in alliance with Linklaters LLP.