Managing the business impact of coronavirus
The recent outbreak of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 is causing disruption across greater China and the region. This cross-practice guide from our colleagues at Linklaters highlights key issues that may affect business operations in the current environment.
The current situation has given rise to a large number of challenges for businesses; some unique to certain industries (eg finance and capital markets) and others universal (eg managing employees’ well-being). This guide is to assist our clients with identifying the relevant issues they should be thinking about.
Business considerations during the coronavirus epidemic
Included in the report:
- Crisis management - proactive steps to contain the impact of the virus on business and employees
- Corporate and entities - managing risks around disclosure of inside information arising as a result of coronavirus disruptions
- Capital markets and loan financing - addressing additional due diligence requirements and extended settlement dates or reporting deadlines
- Dispute resolution - awareness of potential issues surrounding contractual obligations, especially notice requirements and insurance coverage
- Employment - workplace health and safety issues for employees, including employee data privacy obligations should they test positive for coronavirus
- Financial regulatory - business continuity planning in line with regulator guidelines