About Michelle Bennett
Michelle is a Partner in our M&A team in Melbourne, having previously worked at Linklaters, London (our alliance partner).
Michelle specialises in mergers and acquisitions. She advises on a wide range of cross border public and private M&A transactions including share and asset sales, takeovers, schemes, demergers, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. Michelle has particular expertise and interest in the renewables and healthcare sectors. She also has a focus on ESG issues and corporate governance and is a key member of the Allens Head Office and Governance team.
Michelle's experience includes:
- Acciona – advising on the 923MW MacIntyre Wind Farm project in Queensland, including arrangements with joint venture partner Korea Zinc and the sale of the 100MW Karara wind farm to CleanCo.
- Epuron – advising a bidder in relation to the competitive sale process being run by the owners of the Epuron renewables development business, which involved multiple renewable development projects across Australia.
- Offshore wind - advising large international offshore wind developers on their potential investment in early stage offshore wind projects in Australia and New Zealand.
- John Laing – advising on its acquisition of the Cherry Tree Wind Farm project from Infigen.
- EDL – advising on its acquisition of the Cullerin Range Wind Farm from Origin Energy Limited, and various other renewables assets.
- Carbon Market Institute – advising the carbon industry’s peak body in relation to its administration of the Carbon Industry Code of Conduct.
- Intelligent Water Networks – advising on the establishment of a joint venture of 13 Victorian water corporations to purchase renewable power from the Kiamal Solar Farm.
- EBOS Group – advised on various bolt-on acquisitions for medical device and consumables businesses, including Sentry Medical and MD Solutions.
- Healthscope – on its COVID-19 funding and other arrangements with each Australian State and Territory and the divestment of its Asian pathology business to TPG.
- GlaxoSmithKline – advising on the sale of its opiates business to Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (Australia), a subsidiary of India's largest pharmaceutical business.
- Coles – advised on its demerger from Wesfarmers and its FlyBuys joint venture with Wesfarmers.
- Sydney Metro City & Southwest – advising the NRT Parties (including Plenary) on the equity arrangements in respect of the augmentation of Australia’s first driverless train metro PPP.
- ANZ – advising on various M&A transactions, including the sale of its pensions and investments and aligned dealer group business.
- BNK – advising on the divestment of its mortgage aggregation business, Finsure, to MA Advisory.
- M2 Group – advising on the merger with ASX-listed Vocus Communications Ltd by scheme of arrangement.
- Vocus – advising on the acquisition of the telecommunications infrastructure assets of Nextgen.