About Danielle Jones
Dani is an energy and resources specialist with a particular focus on green energy infrastructure development projects, acquisitions and divestments as well as bespoke energy contracting. She has acted for a range of private sector and government clients on innovative and strategic transactions. Dani also has extensive experience in relation to the water entitlement framework, having worked for a number of years for the Victorian and Federal governments as well as advising government clients on water law issues.
Dani’s relevant experience includes advising:
- Macquarie / Engie – on the development of the 150MW utility-scale battery at Hazelwood.
- Acciona – on the development of the 923MW Macintyre wind farm project in Queensland.
- Confidential client – in relation to its bid to construct and operate the Victorian Big Battery.
- John Laing – on the divestment of its portfolio of wind farms in Australia.
- Corporate PPAs – clients across a range of industries in relation to corporate power purchase agreements with green energy facilities adopting a variety of different structures. Clients include Newcrest, CBA, ZEN Energy, Orora, Victorian water corporations and Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils.
- Westcoast Wind – in relation to the development and divestment of the 109MW Granville Harbour Wind Farm in Tasmania.
- Alinta – on the $53.3 million sale of a 70% interest in the Yandin Wind Farm.
- AGL and PARF (now PowAR) – on the establishment of its Powering Australian Renewables Fund and on the sale and project financing of the Broken Hill and Nyngan solar farms and the Silverton and Coopers Gap wind farms into the PARF.
- CKI – in respect of the CKI consortium's proposed $13b takeover of the APA Group.
- Melbourne Water – in relation to the Victorian Desalination Plant agreements.
- Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning – on the statutory frameworks for the liability for the flow of water in different Australian jurisdictions and various water law issues.