About Ha Le
Ha has a strong background in energy and infrastructure projects, advising foreign investors in the development and sale/acquisition of large-scale infrastructure, power and renewables projects.
Ha holds an LLB from Hanoi Law University and an LLM from Case Western Reserve University School of Law (Ohio, United States) on a full scholarship.
Ha’s relevant renewable energy experience includes advising:
- Mainstream Renewable – on:
- the Vietnamese aspects of the sale of its global portfolio of renewable assets; and
- its investment in a 400+ MW portfolio of solar power projects in the Central Highlands of Vietnam.
- Iberdrola – on its acquisition of two Vietnamese subsidiaries of German renewable energy group Sowitec. The acquisition includes a 550 MW pipeline of green assets, comprising five onshore wind farms and one floating solar project under development.
- Bangkok Bank Limited – on the financing of two solar power projects and a wind power project in Vietnam.
- International Finance Corporation – on its financing in two wind power projects in Ninh Thuan and Binh Thuan provinces and a solid waste-to-energy project in Bac Ninh province.
- A European investor – on:
- policy and legal framework in relation to private investment in power transmission grids; and
- its proposed joint development of a solar power project in Vietnam.
- A UK investor – on its bid to acquire a portfolio of renewable assets across the region, including rooftop and ground-mounted solar projects located in Vietnam.
- A Malaysian renewables developer – on the potential acquisition of an offshore wind project and a floating solar project.
- A Singaporean investor – on the development of a set of corporate PPA rooftop solar projects.
- An investment fund – on its proposed acquisition of a number of hydro power projects in the north of Vietnam.
- Ørsted – on queries in relation to anti-corruption and other compliance matters.
- GE Vietnam – on regulatory issues and contracts (including turbine supply and installation and maintenance).
Ha’s relevant large-scale infrastructure and BOT power experience includes advising:
- LNG to Power project investors – on their potential investments in integrated LNG to power projects in Vietnam (including in relation to projects in Hai Phong and Ca Na).
- ExxonMobil – on several aspects of its investment in an offshore petroleum project in Vietnam.
- Vinh Tan 3 BOT Power Project – as local counsel on government contracting issues, project approvals, financing, construction and all upstream and downstream issues. Ha was also seconded to work as an in-house counsel in the project company.
- A foreign investor – on legal due diligence for its proposed acquisition of an interest in the Vinh Tan 1 power plant, in conjunction with a Chinese law firm.
- Nghi Son Refinery Project – on various aspects of its development, including procurement, construction, corporate and government issues.
- A European investor – on its potential acquisition of a limestone mining project in Vietnam.