About Cindy McNair
Cindy specialises in large-scale contentious regulatory matters, corporate internal investigations and commercial litigation, with a particular focus on corporate crime and misconduct. She has represented multinational companies, financial institutions and individuals in connection with investigations and proceedings brought by various international and domestic regulators involving allegations of bribery and corruption, fraud, market manipulation, money laundering, sanctions violations and other financial misconduct. Cindy also advises companies on a range of corporate compliance and risk management issues.
Prior to joining Allens, Cindy spent over five years working in the White Collar Criminal Defence and Government Investigations group at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York.
Cindy's representative experience includes advising:
- A major Australian bank – in relation to proceedings brought by AUSTRAC for alleged anti-money laundering failures
- A financial institution – in relation to criminal proceedings brought by the CDPP relating to breach of client money obligations
- A global financial institution – in relation to a DOJ criminal and antitrust investigation relating to trading and front-running allegations in the foreign exchange market
- A global bank – in relation to a joint criminal investigation by DOJ and Brazilian authorities into widescale bribery and corruption at Petrobras
- A global bank – in relation to investigations conducted by DOJ and Swiss authorities into money laundering and compliance failures arising from the FIFA corruption scandal
- A multinational company in cross-border investigations by the SEC and Australian Federal Police involving bribery and false accounting allegations under Australian and US law
- A global technology company in connection with a DOJ investigation into potential breaches of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act relating to supplier operations in multiple overseas jurisdictions