About Jessica Mottau
Jessica specialises in technology, media and telecommunications, with experience acting on major procurements, business process outsourcings, services agreements, and technology development and licensing agreements.
In particular, she has extensive experience advising businesses on complex business separation and transitional arrangements, typically in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other restructures.
Jessica's recent experience includes advising the following clients:
Separations and Transitions
- KKR – on its acquisition of Arnott's and certain international operations from Campbell Soup Company for $3.4 billion. The largest Australian private equity buyout of 2019.
- Pacific Equity Partners – on its acquisition of Horizon Global Corporation's Asia Pacific business for $340 million.
- BGH Capital – on its acquisition of Healius' medical centres.
- BAE Systems – on its acquisition of ASC Shipbuilding, in connection with the award to BAE Systems of the $35 billion Head Contract for the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
- First State Super – on its successful A$2.8 billion bid to operate a 40-year concession of land titling and registry operations of Land Use Victoria.
- CPA Global – on its acquisition of Filing Analytics and Citation Eagle, two leading IP data and analytics software solutions.
- Brambles – on its dual-track US$2.5 billion separation by demerger or trade sale of the IFCO RPC business, ultimately sold to Triton and ADIA.
- Westpac – on technology, IT and separation aspects of various acquisitions and portfolio investments.
Major Procurement and Outsourcing
University of Technology Sydney, Vodafone, Brookfield, Big-4 banks, OneRail, NSW Land and Housing Corporation.
Technology, Innovation and Allens Accelerate
WeWork, Macquarie Bank, Quantium, The Iconic and various high-growth companies such as OCR Labs, Whispli and Lens10.
Jessica is a member of the Women at Allens committee and Inclusion and Diversity Council.
She previously worked at Latham & Watkins in New York, and is admitted in both New South Wales and New York.