About Rita Pang
Rita specialises in domestic and cross-border financings, and has extensive experience acting for financial institutions, borrowers and sponsors.
Her practice has a particular focus on fund financing, acquisition and leveraged financing, and asset and structured financing. Her clients include the major domestic banks, investment banks, Asian and European banks and direct lending funds. She also regularly acts for corporate clients, where she advises on treasury and general financing matters.
Rita's experience includes advising:
- Domestic and global funds – fund financing transactions for both domestic and global funds, including Pacific Alliance Group, PEP, BGH, Next Capital, Allegro, Anchorage Capital Partners and Advent Private Capital.
- Pacific Equity Partners – acquisition of LifeHealthcare, and its acquisition of ASX-listed Patties Foods by scheme of arrangement and bolt on acquisitions of Australian Wholefoods, New Zealand based food business Leader Foods and Simplot’s Pakenham facility.
- Bain Capital – acquisition of Camp Australia and the refinancing of the acquisition facilities by way of a first and second lien Term Loan B.
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure – a back stop financing for its consortium acquisition of PEXA.
- CHAMP – the lenders on the unitranche financing for the acquisition of Max Foods and Fine Food Holdings.
- Macquarie Airfinance – US$4 billion AWAS Aviation Capital aircraft portfolio acquisition and the corporate financing of Virgin, Qantas and Jetstar aircraft leases.
- Macquarie – purchase of HSH Nordbank's €3.2 billion loan portfolio, which includes aircraft loans.
- Bristow Group – the financiers on the senior secured notes financing for, and aircraft leasing to, Bristow Group.
- ANZ and CBA – different asset financing products for their clients in the mining and aviation sectors, including establishing a funding structure behind a master lease program, equipment sale and leaseback transactions, leasing and borrowing base facilities.
- BGH Capital – proposed takeover proposal for 100% of the shares in Healthscope.
- Archer Capital – the lenders on the Term Loan B refinancing of Archer Capital-owned fast-food franchisor, Craveable Brands.
- Quadrant – the lenders on the acquisition of Fitness First, Goodlife, Jetts and other fitness and lifestyle businesses.
- H.R.L. Morrison & Co – joint acquisition by Infratil and Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation of the Canberra Data Centre business.