The global sports industry is a high growth and high value market.
In an era of increased regulation, players, governing bodies, broadcasters, corporate sponsors and participants in between have to grapple with legal complexities, from the rules that govern play through to the commercial agreements that bring sport into the homes of fans.
How can we help?
Our sports law practice is one of the most multi-faceted and developed in the Asia-Pacific region, offering depth of experience in many areas of the law as it applies to the sports industry.
Our team has the practical knowledge and insight to deal with the unique commercial and reputational issues that arise in the sports industry.
Depth of experience
We have a diverse and high profile client base. We have acted for participants at all levels, including governing bodies, event and venue owners, broadcasters, marketing agents, corporate sponsors, sports foundations, promoters, equipment manufacturers, sporting teams and sports personalities.
We have advised on a broad spectrum of sports law issues, including:
- acquisition of teams
- anti-counterfeiting investigations
- brand protection, exploitation and ambush-marketing
- broadcasting agreements, including copyright protection and anti-siphoning
- event management and venue agreements
- merchandising and sponsorship agreements
- on-line sporting ventures
- player contracts
- team transfer and competition rules
- ticketing arrangements