Ren is a construction, infrastructure and procurement specialist who has advised clients on major projects in the Australia and Asia Pacific region over the last 10 years.
Ren's work focuses on construction, infrastructure and procurement projects across all sectors and industries. He has recently acted on major Defence procurement, large property developments, power stations and processing plants projects, transport infrastructure projects (such as roads and rail) and contract mining. Ren is currently advising:
- a mine owner on all infrastructure aspects (rail, port and mining) of a new coal mine development in Queensland;
- the Queensland Government on the Gateway Upgrade project; and
- a major water services contractor on the design, build, operate and maintain contracts for a regional sewerage project in Victoria.
Ren is experienced in all forms of contract structures and procurement (including alliances, PPPs, DCM, DBOM and D&C), as well as tendering documentation and issues. He also has extensive experience in using standard form construction contracts.
He regularly presents on topical issues such as:
- best practice in supply chain contracting;
- dealing with default under alliance contracts; and
- managing distressed construction projects.