Parental leave package
Support and balance
Allens offers its people a comprehensive package of parental support measures, to help them balance work and family. It removes the distinction between primary and non-primary carers, and gives all employees the time and flexibility they need to create strong family connections.
We aim to have more men taking part in longer-term parental leave, to normalise caring behaviour and responsibilities, and create visible role models.
The package includes personalised support to manage the transition to parental leave; the expansion of parental leave, by removing the distinction between primary and secondary carer; payment of superannuation on the unpaid component of parental leave; and a formal, temporary break from billable expectations upon return to work.
'Many of us grapple with the challenges of balancing career and family, and we are always looking for ways that we as a firm can assist. We think these important changes, designed in conjunction with our people, will be another big step that can help manage those challenges'. Richard Spurio
- A modern parental leave policy that removes the distinction between primary and non-primary carers, and allows employees to take leave at the same time as their partner
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for all eligible employees
- Superannuation on the unpaid component of parental leave (up to a maximum of 34 weeks)
- A formal, temporary break from billable expectations for legal employees returning from mid- to long-term parental leave
- Personalised support for our people through all stages of their parental leave journey, supplemented by 1:1 and group coaching