Allens has topped Infralogic's infrastructure league tables, cementing its position as the number one law firm advising on infrastructure deals in Australia and New Zealand in 2021.
The firm ranked first in Australia and New Zealand for volume and value of deals across:
- Infrastructure (legal and financial advisers)
- Transport (legal advisers)
- Social Infrastructure (legal advisers)
- Public Private Partnerships (legal advisers)
'From delivering and refinancing greenfield projects to huge M&A deals, we are pleased to have supported our clients on some of the most significant infrastructure transactions in 2021 and to be recognised as a leader in infrastructure,' said Partner and Head of Infrastructure Kip Fitzsimon.
'Despite the challenges of 2021, it was a record year for infrastructure investment. As a long term investment, infrastructure provided the public sector with immediate stimulus and ongoing benefits to the economy while at the same time attracting high levels of private investment as inflationary pressures came to the fore,' said Partner and Projects, Real Estate and Development practice group leader David Donnelly.
Allens advised on some of the most significant infrastructure deals across the year, including:
- North East Link PPP
- Footscray Hospital PPP
- Western Sydney Airport Development
- Optus Towers acquisition
- Spark Infrastructure acquisition
- Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre refinancing
- Cross City Tunnel Refinancing
- New Royal Adelaide Hospital PPP refinancing
- ConnectEast refinancing