Allens has been named as the leading legal advisor to borrowers and as a top legal advisor to lenders in the Bloomberg and Debtwire rankings for Q3.
Across Asia Pacific (ex Japan), Allens ranked:
- First by value and deal count for Legal Advisor – Borrower (Bloomberg)
- First by value and deal count for Borrower's Legal Counsel (Debtwire)
- First by deal count and third by value for Lead Bank’s Legal Counsel (Debtwire)
- Top 10 by both volume and deal count Legal Adviser – Lender (Bloomberg)
The firm also ranked in the top 10 of Bloomberg's Global Loans ranking for Legal Adviser – Borrower.
Allens' Banking and Finance practice acted for corporates and private capital sponsor issuers on some of the largest and most innovative transactions in the market during this period, including advising:
- the Brookfield & EIG consortium on the proposed take private of Origin Energy Ltd;
- the Paine Swartz Partners consortium on the proposed take private of Costa Group;
- Platinum Equity on the acquisition of JELD-WEN Australasia; and
- Gold Fields' landmark $500m sustainability-linked loan.
'We are delighted to have been recognised as the leading law firm for borrower roles and a top adviser for lender roles across the Asia Pacific, particularly at a time when loan activity is down. It is a testament to our market-leading corporate and private capital backed finance practices,' said Banking and Finance practice lead Tim Stewart.
'We are grateful to our clients for entrusting us with some of their most important matters. We share in the optimism of loan market participants for loan volumes to take an upward trend in 2024 and look forward to continuing to support our clients as loan supply increases.'
Allens was also recently named Australia's leading project finance legal adviser.