About Adrian Amer
Adrian specialises in mergers and acquisitions (public and private), private equity, corporate governance and equity capital markets.
Adrian commenced his career in Australia and joined the Allens team in 2018 after a four-year stint in the United Kingdom, where he first studied at the University of Cambridge and then worked in London in the M&A and Capital Markets team of Slaughter and May. During that time, he also had the opportunity to work across Europe (including alongside Linklaters) as a consultant to Ørsted, Denmark's largest energy company and owner of the world's largest offshore wind farms.
Adrian’s relevant M&A experience includes advising:
- LOGOS – $7.04 billion (US$5.2 billion) acquisition of ARA Asset Management by ESR, consolidating the largest logistics real estate platform in Asia Pacific to create a platform with combined assets under management of US$129 billion.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – US$750 million investment into a newly established JV with TotalEnergies in relation to its interest in the Gladstone LNG Project downstream infrastructure facilities.
- LOGOS – the LOGOS consortium on the $1.67 billion acquisition of the warehousing and property components of Qube's Moorebank Logistics Park
- Infratil – Powering Australia Renewables and Mercury NZ's NZ$2.7 billion takeover offer for Tilt Renewables.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – $3.3 billion acquisition of a 26.25% interest in the Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) common facilities from Shell.
- Stockland – establishment of a $1 billion logistics, industrial capital partnership with JP Morgan Asset Management.
- AUB Group – restructure of its underwriting agencies division and the acquisition of 360 Underwriting Solutions.
- LOGOS – $418 million sale of a portfolio of 5 east coast Australian industrial logistics properties to the Singaporean-listed ARA LOGOS REIT.
- AUB Group – acquisition of Experien Insurance.
- Aristocrat Leisure – various M&A matters, corporate governance and disclosure advice.
- Zenith Energy – the $150 million takeover by consortium comprising Pacific Equity Partners, OPTrust and ICG implemented by way of scheme of arrangement.
- LOGOS – sale of a majority stake to ARA Asset Management and sell down by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Real Estate.
- Qube – successful cash or scrip takeover bid of Chalmers Limited.
- AUB Group – acquisition of Coverforce, Australasia's largest equity-based insurance broker network.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board – sale of 25% stake in the $1.4 billion DP World Australia business to DP World and Corsair Capital.
- Sunsuper – various investment mandate and M&A matters.
- NSW Treasury Corporation – sale of its 25% stake in International Parking Group.
- China Communications Construction Company – foreign investment approval aspects of the acquisition by John Holland Group of assets of RCR Thomlinson Limited.
- TPG Capital – acquisition of Safe Work Laboratories by Pathology Asia Holdings.
- Ørsted – development of the Formosa I offshore wind farm.
- Ørsted – acquisition by Green Investment Group of a 25% stake in Westermost Rough wind farm from Marubeni Corporation.
- GoCompare Group – £460 million unsolicited takeover approach from ZPG plc.
- Arrow Global Group – acquisition of Mars Capital's Irish mortgage servicing business.
- UGL – $1.215 billion sale of its global property services business, DTZ.
Adrian’s relevant equity capital markets experience includes advising:
- Qube – $500 million entitlement offer.
- Magellan Asset Management – $275 million offering and ASX listing of Magellan High Conviction Trust.
- esure Group – £302 million demerger and premium listing of Gocompare.com Group plc on the London Stock Exchange.
- The Commonwealth Government of Australia – $5.9 billion initial public offering and ASX listing of Medibank Private.
- Morgan Stanley – as sole lead manager and underwriter to National Storage REIT's $59 million placement and share purchase plan; as sole lead manager and underwriter to the $240 million initial public offering and ASX listing.
- Goldman Sachs, J.P Morgan, Morgan Stanley, UBS, ANZ Securities and Westpac Institutional – ANZ's $1 billion offer of Capital Notes 2 and concurrent CPS1 reinvestment offer.
- SG Fleet Group – $454 million initial public offering and ASX listing.
- Pact Group – restructuring aspects of $650 million initial public offering and ASX listing.
- ASX Limited – $553 million entitlement offer.