About Adrian Amer
Adrian specialises in mergers and acquisitions (public and private), private equity, corporate governance and equity capital markets.
Adrian joined the Allens team in 2018 after a four-year stint in the United Kingdom, where he first studied at the University of Cambridge and then worked in London in the M&A and Capital Markets team of Slaughter and May. During that time, he also had the opportunity to work across Europe (including alongside Linklaters) as a consultant to Ørsted, Denmark's largest energy company and owner of the world's largest offshore wind farms.
Adrian’s relevant M&A experience includes advising:
- Global Infrastructure Partners – $3.3 billion acquisition of a 26.25% interest in the Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) common facilities from Shell.
- Stockland – establishment of a $1 billion logistics, industrial capital partnership with JP Morgan Asset Management.
- AUB Group – restructure of its underwriting agencies division and the acquisition of 360 Underwriting Solutions.
- LOGOS – $418 million sale of a portfolio of 5 east coast Australian industrial logistics properties to the Singaporean-listed ARA LOGOS REIT.
- AUB Group – acquisition of Experien Insurance.
- Aristocrat Leisure – various M&A matters, corporate governance and disclosure advice.
- Zenith Energy – the $150 million takeover by consortium comprising Pacific Equity Partners, OPTrust and ICG implemented by way of scheme of arrangement.
- LOGOS – sale of a majority stake to ARA Asset Management and sell down by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Real Estate.
- Qube – successful cash or scrip takeover bid of Chalmers Limited.
- AUB Group – acquisition of Coverforce, Australasia's largest equity-based insurance broker network.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board – sale of 25% stake in the $1.4 billion DP World Australia business to DP World and Corsair Capital.
- Sunsuper – various investment mandate and M&A matters.
- NSW Treasury Corporation – sale of its 25% stake in International Parking Group.
- China Communications Construction Company – foreign investment approval aspects of the acquisition by John Holland Group of assets of RCR Thomlinson Limited.
- TPG Capital – acquisition of Safe Work Laboratories by Pathology Asia Holdings.
- Ørsted – development of the Formosa I offshore wind farm.
- Ørsted – acquisition by Green Investment Group of a 25% stake in Westermost Rough wind farm from Marubeni Corporation.
- GoCompare Group – £460 million unsolicited takeover approach from ZPG plc.
- Arrow Global Group – acquisition of Mars Capital's Irish mortgage servicing business.
- UGL – $1.215 billion sale of its global property services business, DTZ.
Adrian’s relevant equity capital markets experience includes advising:
- Qube – $500 million entitlement offer.
- Magellan Asset Management – $275 million offering and ASX listing of Magellan High Conviction Trust.
- esure Group – £302 million demerger and premium listing of Gocompare.com Group plc on the London Stock Exchange.
- The Commonwealth Government of Australia – $5.9 billion initial public offering and ASX listing of Medibank Private.
- Morgan Stanley – as sole lead manager and underwriter to National Storage REIT's $59 million placement and share purchase plan; as sole lead manager and underwriter to the $240 million initial public offering and ASX listing.
- Goldman Sachs, J.P Morgan, Morgan Stanley, UBS, ANZ Securities and Westpac Institutional – ANZ's $1 billion offer of Capital Notes 2 and concurrent CPS1 reinvestment offer.
- SG Fleet Group – $454 million initial public offering and ASX listing.
- Pact Group – restructuring aspects of $650 million initial public offering and ASX listing.
- ASX Limited – $553 million entitlement offer.