About Kate Axup
Kate leads the Allens energy sector. She acts for sponsors, banks and offtakers on a wide range of transactions in the energy sector across Australia, with a focus on green energy. During her career, she has been based in the firm's Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing offices.
Kate's experience includes:
- Acciona – advising on the development of the 923MW Macintyre wind farm project in Queensland, and on the sale of the 100MW Karara wind farm project to CleanCo.
- QIC – acting for QIC on its acquisition of Pacific Energy by scheme of arrangement.
- CKI – acting for the CKI consortium in respect of its proposed $13 billion takeover of the APA Group.
- Confidential client – advising in relation to its bid to construct and operate the Victorian Big Battery.
- John Laing – advising John Laing on the divestment of its portfolio of wind farms in Australia.
- Corporate PPAs – advising clients across a range of industries in relation to corporate PPAs with wind and solar facilities adopting a variety of different structures. Clients include Sydney Airport, CBA, WestConnex, Newcrest, Sunshot Energy and Orora.
- AGL and PARF – advising AGL on the establishment of its Powering Australian Renewables Fund and on the sale and project financing of the Broken Hill and Nyngan solar power stations, the Silverton wind development project and the Coopers Gap wind development project into the PARF.
- Iberdrola – advising Iberdrola in relation to its investment in, and the construction of, the Port Augusta renewable energy park, including both a solar and wind facility.
- AGL – acting for AGL Energy Limited in relation to the financing and sale of its interest in the 420MW Macarthur Wind Farm. Kate also acted for Meridian Energy in relation to the establishment of the Macarthur Wind Farm joint venture.
- Rio Tinto – negotiated the power supply agreement to the Oyu Tolgoi mine in Mongolia and advised on the proposed construction of a coal fired power station in respect of which Oyu Tolgoi would be the cornerstone offtaker.