About Rod Aldus
Rod has extensive experience acting on project finance, fund finance, and corporate and structured finance transactions in Australia and worldwide. He has acted for both lenders and sponsors in a wide range of industries including mining, oil and gas, healthcare, accommodation and retail. Rod’s recent experience in this space includes:
- Wesfarmers – on its financing arrangements, including its bilateral ESG linked loan.
- Coles – on its demerger financing arrangements.
- Lenders to Northern Star Resources – in relation to Northern Star Resources' successful bid for 50% of the Kalgoorlie Super Pit, Australia's biggest open pit gold mine.
- Aurelia Metals – on the acquisition finance for the Peak and Dargues gold projects.
- Lenders to Resolute Mining Limited – on the syndicated loan facility for its mining operations in Ghana, Mali and Senegal.
- Lenders to Perseus Mining – on its financing arrangements for its mining operations in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana.
Rod also has expertise acting for various financial institutions, corporates and other investment vehicles across a range of financial products, including derivatives, repos, securities lending, prime brokerage and collateral management. He has familiarity with industry standard documentation, as well as purpose specific documentation such as those prepared by proprietary banks and other organisations. Rod’s recent experience in this space includes:
- Unibail Rodamco SE – on establishing, and closing out, its pre-bid stake in Westfield Group, by way of equity swaps.
- Superfunds – advising Australian regulated superfunds in relation to the superfund specific provisions affecting its clearing arrangements for ETD and OTC derivatives.
- PPP deal contingent swap – the banks in relation to a deal contingent swap for a major New South Wales PPP bid.
- ISDA, GMRA, AMSLA and GMSLA – related documentation for a wide spectrum of financing transactions.
- Australian swap advice – advising numerous offshore buy-side and sell-side clients in relation to all regulatory requirements affecting swaps over Australian listed entities, including licensing requirements and insider trading.
- Australian margining requirements – advising numerous clients, both buy-side (including managers) and sell-side, in relation to the Australian mandatory margining requirements.
- Australian OTC reforms – advising clients on the impact of the ASIC derivative reporting and clearing obligations.