About Chris Blane
Chris is a leading M&A and corporate advisory specialist.
Chris has extensive experience advising clients on public takeovers and schemes of arrangement, private M&A transactions (including competitive sales processes) and corporate governance. He has advised on numerous recent high-profile public and private M&A transactions across a broad range of sectors, with particular expertise in the infrastructure, financial services and property sectors.
Clients regard Chris as 'very well respected in the market and technically strong'.
Chris' experience includes advising:
- Sydney Airport – on its response to takeover proposals from the Sydney Aviation Alliance and recommended scheme of arrangement transaction valuing Sydney Airport at A$32 billion.
- ALE Property Group – on its recommended acquisition by scheme by a Charter Hall-managed consortium, comprising the Charter Hall Long WALE REIT and Hostplus, with an enterprise value of A$1.7 billion.
- Prime Media – in relation to its proposal to sell its entire business to Seven West Media by way of a shareholder approved disposal of main undertaking under the ASX Listing Rules.
- Aware Super (formerly First State Super) – on its A$675 million proposal to acquire OptiComm Limited via an off market takeover, the acquisition of a majority interest in the Oak Tree Group and its successful A$2.6 billion bid to operate a 35-year concession of the land titling and registry operations of New South Wales Land and Property Information.
- Couche-Tard - on its A$8.8 billion proposal to acquire Caltex Australia by scheme of arrangement.
- Brookfield – on its $1.3 billion acquisition of the Aveo Group, its $699 million proposal to Gateway Lifestyle and the take private of the Brookfield Prime Property Fund.
- AMP Capital – on its acquisition of the Australian National University Purpose Built Student Accommodation assets.
- Prime Media – on its takeover defence and proposed scheme of arrangement with Seven West Media.
- Equifax Inc. – on the A$2.5 billion acquisition of Veda Group Limited by scheme of arrangement and subsequent follow-on acquisitions.
- CCCI – $1.1 billion acquisition of John Holland from Leighton Holdings (CIMIC) and on John Holland's subsequent acquisition of the RCR Tomlinson rail business.
- NSW Government – advising on the sale of a 51% interest in the WestConnex project and the privatisation by leasehold of the assets of Ausgrid, TransGrid and Endeavour Energy.
- Bank of Queensland – $440 million acquisition of Investec Bank Australia Limited.
- Frasers Centrepoint Limited – advised Frasers Centrepoint on its $2.6 billion off-market takeover of Australand Property Group.
- Macquarie Bank Limited – on its disposal of a security backed loan product portfolio to Bell Potter.
- Macquarie Infrastructure-led consortium – bid for the Port of Newcastle.
- Sydney Airport – simplification restructure proposal.
- Rio Tinto – $1.6 billion privatisation of Coal & Allied Industries.
- Deutsche Asset Management – disposal of a $500 million interest in a major Australian airport holding company.
- Rio Tinto – defence of BHP Billiton's US$150 billion merger proposal, the $20 billion proposed strategic alliance with Chinalco and the US$16 billion right issue.