About Gadi Bloch
Gadi's main areas of practice are mergers and acquisitions, fundraising and corporate governance, with a focus on the mining and financial services sectors. He has worked with many foreign investors, including various state owned enterprises, and has extensive experience in navigating Australia's complex foreign investment regime.
Gadi is a member of Allens’ Head Office & Governance team and regularly advises on corporate compliance matters such as continuous disclosure, insider trading, financial reporting, company secretarial issues and employee equity incentive arrangements, as well as on sensitive corporate governance matters, including directors' duties.
Major transactions that Gadi has worked on include:
- ANZ – separation and sale of ANZ's superannuation, insurance and wealth businesses to Zurich and IOOF.
- Asciano Limited – successful takeover of Asciano by a consortium of largely foreign investors by way of scheme of arrangement.
- The Northern Australian Pastoral Company Pty Ltd (NAPCO) – restructure and sale of controlling interest in NAPCO to a consortium of state owned enterprises.
- Newcrest Mining Limited – disposal of its interests in Cracow and Mt Rawdon to Conquest Mining Limited (now Evolution Mining Limited) and the merger of Conquest and Catalpa Resources Limited by way of inter-dependent share sale agreements, scheme of arrangement and shareholder approvals.
- Redbubble Limited – IPO and listing on ASX.
- Alumina Limited – $452 million placement to Citic Resources.
- Tabcorp Holding Limited – demerger of its casinos businesses by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Newcrest Mining Limited – successful takeover of Lihir Gold Limited by way of a PNG scheme of arrangement.
- AXA Asia Pacific Holdings Limited (AXA APH) – proposed acquisition of by National Australia Bank Limited and the sale of AXA APH's Asian businesses to AXA SA.
- ANZ – settlement of potential claims against the company in connection with the collapse of Opes Prime by way of a creditor's scheme of arrangement.
- Rio Tinto and BHP-Billiton – proposed iron ore joint venture.
- Rio Tinto – US$15.2 billion capital raising by way of a rights issue.
- Perseverance Corporation Limited – successful takeover of Leviathan Resources Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Newcrest Mining Limited – $2 billion capital raising by way of an Accelerated Renounceable Entitlement Offer.
- Nyrstar SA/NV – formation and subsequent IPO of a joint venture vehicle formed to acquire the smelting assets of Zinifex Limited and Umicore SA/NV.
Gadi joined Allens in October 2005, having spent a number of years as a senior lawyer in the Policy & Markets Regulations directorate of Australia's corporate regulator, the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.