About Hannah Biggins
Hannah is a Partner in the Corporate practice group in Melbourne.
Hannah specialises in mergers and acquisitions. She advises on a wide range of public and private M&A transactions, including share and asset sales, schemes of arrangement, takeovers, demergers, corporate restructures and joint ventures.
Hannah is also a key member of Allens' Head Office and Governance team, with significant experience advising on corporate governance and ESG matters. Hannah's practice also focuses on risk and compliance matters.
Hannah has worked on secondment at BHP, Vicinity Centres, Shell and Tabcorp, advising on a range of significant commercial matters.
Highlights of Hannah’s experience include:
- AusNet – advising on its acquisition by a Brookfield led consortium, via scheme of arrangement, with the transaction valuing AusNet at $10.2 billion.
- Vocus – advising on its acquisition by a consortium comprising MIRA and Aware Super, via scheme of arrangement, with the transaction valuing Vocus at $4.6 billion.
- KKR, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, PSP Investment Board – acting for the consortium on its acquisition of Spark Infrastructure Trust by way of a trust scheme and creditors' scheme of arrangement, with the transaction valuing Spark at $5.2 billion.
- QAF Limited – advising on its sale of Australian primary production business, Rivalea Australia, to JBS Australia.
- Bellamy's Australia – advising on its acquisition by China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited via a scheme of arrangement, with the transaction valuing Bellamy's at $1.5 billion.
- Acting for an interested foreign bidder on its proposed acquisition of Huon Aquaculture Limited via scheme of arrangement.
- Recall Holdings – advising on its acquisition by Iron Mountain via a scheme of arrangement, with the transaction valuing Recall at $3.7 billion.
- Federation Centres – advising on its merger with Novion Property Group to create an ASX listed entity (Vicinity Centres) with market capitalisation of over $12 billion.
- Ferrovial – advising on its successful $813 million off-market hostile takeover bid for Broadspectrum Limited (formerly Transfield Services).
- Santos – advising on its sale to SK E&S of a stake in the Darwin LNG plant and pipeline and the Bayu-Undan gas fields in the Timor Sea for US$390 million.
- New Century Resources – advising on its proposed acquisition of a 95% stake in the Goro Nickel and Cobalt Mine in New Caledonia from Vale S.A.
- PZ Cussons – advising the multinational consumer goods company on its Australian acquisitions of baby food maker, Rafferty's Garden, and of yoghurt and dairy company, Five:AM, both via competitive sale processes.
- IDP Education – advising on its A$330 million initial public offering and listing on the ASX.
- Rivalea Australia – strategic review of Australian primary production business and advising on its proposed initial public offering and listing on the ASX (withdrawn due to market conditions)
- Vicinity Centres – advising on its sale to GIC of a 49% stake in Vicinity's Chatswood Chase Shopping Centre worth $562 million.
- Freudenberg – advising the German-headquartered global technology company on its acquisition of the Oates business from GUD Holdings.
- Sydney Metro Rail Link Project – advising the consortium regarding their equity investment and shareholding arrangements in respect of the $3.7 billion Sydney Metro Rail Link Project (driverless trains).
- Melbourne Western Roads Upgrade PPP – providing corporate and joint venture advice to a consortium comprising Plenary and Cintra in respect of a public-private partnership with the Victorian Government regarding the $1.8 billion Western Roads Upgrade project.
- Next Generation Rollingstock Project – providing corporate and joint venture advice to a consortium comprising Bombardier and others in respect of a public-private partnership with the Queensland Government regarding the $4.1 billion Next Generation Rollingstock Project.