About Harry Beardall
Harry is a Managing Associate in our corporate practice group in Sydney. He advises clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, focusing in particular on public and private M&A, joint ventures, strategic investments and corporate restructurings. He has worked in Sydney, London, New York and Hong Kong and is familiar working with clients from a number of jurisdictions on cross-border matters.
Harry works across a broad range of sectors, with particular expertise in the industrials sector. His experience includes advising:
- a private equity firm on its unsuccessful bid to acquire the Global Express business of Toll.
- BP International – on the establishment of $2.2 billion of real estate capital partnerships across Australia and New Zealand with Charter Hall-led consortia.
- One Rail Australia and Genesee & Wyoming Inc. – on a number of commercial and corporate matters, including advising Genesee & Wyoming Inc. on the Australian aspects of its US$8.4 billion takeover by Brookfield and GIC.
- Zenith Energy – on the $250 million acquisition by Pacific Equity Partners, OPTrust and Infrastructure Capital Group by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Brookfield - on its acquisition of a 40% stake in IndoStar Capital Finance in India for US$203 million.
- Australian Food and Fibre – on its acquisition of the ‘Midkin’ cropping aggregation and ginning business in NSW for $245 million.
- Steinhoff – on its US$3.8 billion acquisition of Mattress Firm in the United States.
- Lendlease – on its sale of a 30% interest in the Bluewater shopping centre in the UK for GBP 696 million.
- HSBC – on its 50/50 joint venture with Global Payments in relation to a merchant acquiring business in Mexico.
- New York Life – on its acquisition of a 40% interest in Tristan Capital Partners, a boutique real estate investment firm in the United Kingdom.
- Aviva – on the sale of its general insurance business in Turkey to a private equity consortium led by EMF Capital Partners.