About Harry Beardall
Harry specialises in mergers and acquisitions and also advises clients on various commercial law matters. He has worked on a variety of international public and private M&A transactions for a broad range of clients. He has practiced in Australia, the United Kingdom and the USA.
Harry works across a number of different sectors, with particular expertise in the manufacturing and industrials sectors.
Highlights of his experience include:
- Viva Energy – on the acquisition of LyondellBasell Australia, a polymer manufacturer and distributor.
- Macquarie Asset Management – on the sale of One Rail Australia, an industry-leading rail operator with a unique platform of critical rail infrastructure, to Aurizon for A$2.35 billion.
- Seven Group Holdings – in relation to its A$8.5 billion off market takeover offer for Boral Limited.
- Fletcher Building – on the $56 million disposal of the Rocla concrete and ACP road barrier businesses to CPE Capital.
- Arnott's – on its long term logistics arrangements with Linfox.
- Toll Global Express – advised a private equity firm on its unsuccessful bid to acquire the Global Express business of Toll.
- BP – on the sale to Charter Hall of a 49% interest in a portfolio of 225 retail petrol station sites in Australia for A$840 million (2019) and the proposed sale to Charter Hall of a 49% interest in a portfolio of 70 retail petrol station sites in New Zealand for NZ$260 million (2020).
- The Murrina Group – on the acquisition of Lendlease Building's electric cranes, ancillary equipment and associated plant yards in NSW and Victoria.
- One Rail Australia and Genesee & Wyoming Inc. – on a number of commercial and corporate matters, including advising Genesee & Wyoming Inc. on the Australian aspects of its US$8.4 billion takeover by Brookfield and GIC.
- Zenith Energy – on the $250 million acquisition by Pacific Equity Partners Limited and Apex by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Lendlease – on its sale of a 30 per cent. interest in the Bluewater shopping centre in the UK for GBP 696 million.
- Brookfield - on its acquisition of a 40% stake in IndoStar Capital Finance in India for US$203 million.
- Australian Food and Fibre – on its acquisition of the ‘Midkin’ cropping aggregation and ginning business in NSW for $245 million.
- Steinhoff – on its US$3.8 billion acquisition of Mattress Firm in the United States.