About Igor Bogdanich
Igor has an excellent reputation as a leading energy and resources specialist . Igor's expertise spans mining and oil and gas and includes advising clients on M&A transactions, project development and restructuring, and operational issues such as gas sales and transport agreements.
Igor is regularly recognised by independent publications, including Chambers Global, Expert Energy Guides, Legal500, Best Lawyers and Doyle's Guides as a leading energy and resources lawyer in Australia. Igor is a former director of the national Board of the Energy and Resources Law Association (AMPLA) and former President of its Victorian Branch. He maintains close industry knowledge and strong sector relationships and is our Oil & Gas Sector Leader.
Significant transactions in which Igor has been involved include advising:
- Rio Tinto – on the development of the Oyu Tolgoi copper project in Mongolia, including in relation to the investment agreement, shareholder arrangements, copper concentrate marketing, investment issues and financing and power requirements
- ExxonMobil – on various aspects of the proposed cooperation between the PNG LNG project and the Papua LNG project.
- INPEX – on the restructuring of its joint venture and shareholder arrangements for the Ichthys LNG Project, and its feed gas supply arrangements for the LNG plant, as well as on various disposals of project interests by INPEX to, among others, Tokyo Gas, Toho Gas and Chubu.
- JERA – on its investment in the proposed Port Kembla LNG import terminal project
- Oil Search – on its proposed takeover including full due diligence of InterOil Corporation involving the Papua LNG project
- Wesfarmers – on the offtake arrangements and due diligence associated with the scheme of arrangement in respect of WA lithium company, Kidman Resources
- Newcrest – on the sale of the Hidden Valley Gold Mine to Harmony Resources, and the development of the Wafi Golpu joint venture project
- Mitsui – advising on all aspects of the development of the Waitsia Project in Western Australia, including marketing and gas sales arrangements
- Kintyre uranium project – as principal adviser on the sale of the Kintyre uranium project in the East Pilbara
- AngloGold Ashanti – on the sale of its interest in the Boddington Gold Mine, and assisting AngloGold Ashanti with the development of the Tropicana Gold Mine in Western Australia and the associated Eastern Gas Pipeline arrangements
- Total – on its acquisition of an interest in the Santos operated GLNG project and associated feed gas arrangements
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore – on the establishment of a 20 year joint venture for the construction and operation of a new iron ore mine, and iron ore sales, with Shanghai Baosteel Group
- APA Group – on its $6bn acquisition of the QCLNG Pipeline and the associated long term gas transportation agreements
- AGL – on its long term gas sales agreement with Santos GLNG and multi-shipper gas transport arrangements