About Kylie Brown
Kylie specialises in mergers and acquisitions and commercial law.
Significant matters on which Kylie has acted include:
- FOXTEL – on its $1.2 billion acquisition of AUSTAR United Communications by way of scheme of arrangement.
- The State of Queensland – on the $6.7bn IPO of QR National Limited.
- The News Corp reincorporation – involving the redomicile of the News group of companies to the United States.
- News Limited – advising in connection with a variety of acquisitions and disposals, including Australian advice on the Liberty media transaction, the acquisition of the magazine business of the FPC Group for approximately $480 million and investments in numerous online and publishing businesses.
- MBF – on its demutualisation proposal and proposed merger with BUPA for $2.41 billion, the largest such transaction in the Australian private health industry.
- Westpac Banking Corporation – on the move to a single ADI following its acquisition of St.George Bank Limited.
- MBF – in connection with its acquisition of the Clearview life and financial services businesses.
- Westpac Banking Corporation – on its initial public offering of BT Investment Management Limited. BTIM listed with a market capital of approximately A$800 million. The matter involved a complex business sale to extract the BT investment business from the BT financial group.
- FOXTEL – on the disposal of the UKTV business to BBC by way of private negotiated sale.
- Endemol BV – on the purchase of the Australian production and distribution business of Southern Star.
- HAL investments – on the disposal of in approximately 70 retail and franchised optical stores around Australia.
- Ridley Corporation – on the defence of a hostile $400 million takeover bid by GrainCorp.
- Coopers Brewery – in defending against a $350 million hostile takeover offer by Lion Nathan.