About Miranda Cummings
Miranda has broad commercial litigation experience with particular expertise in the resources industry. She is principally involved in dispute resolution, advice and investigations in an energy and resources context, as well as corporate insolvency and restructuring.
Clients benefit from Miranda's legal expertise, practical advice and experience in managing large-scale litigation. She brings a focused commercial outlook, having spent nine months on secondment to the in-house legal team of an international mining company.
Miranda joined Allens in 2012, having previously been Associate to Justice David Newnes in the Western Australian Supreme Court (Court of Appeal).
Miranda’s relevant experience includes acting for and advising:
- Rio Tinto Group – in various litigation regarding matters including private royalty arrangements and joint venture disputes in the Supreme Court of Western Australia, Supreme Court of New South Wales and High Court of Australia.
- CITIC – in multi-faceted litigation in connection with the Sino Iron Project in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and Federal Court of Australia.
- Bluewaters Power – in relation to its existing debt facilities and a potential recapitalization, and its enforcement rights in relation to its coal supplier.
- Deloitte – in the administration of Quickflix Ltd and India Resources Ltd.
- McGrathNicol – as receivers and managers in relation to the Quintis Limited voluntary administration, including ongoing litigation in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the Federal Court of Australia.
- KPMG – in the voluntary administration of Berrington Care Group and the successful sale of its luxury residential aged care facilities to Bethanie.
- Westpac/McGrathNicol – in the receivership and associated litigation relating to a mining services company.
- Zenith Energy – in the court approval process that gave effect to a takeover by way of scheme of arrangement.