About Sean Cole
Sean specialises in funds-related mergers and acquisitions and investments work, assisting institutional investors including superannuation funds and foreign pension funds on their acquisitions, divestments, and investment-related matters. He has particular expertise advising clients across the real estate and infrastructure sectors, and on intra-consortium and governance arrangements.
Sean also regularly advises on general corporate advisory and listed corporate governance for ASX-listed clients, including Wesfarmers, Aristocrat and Mirvac Group.
Sean's relevant transaction experience includes advising:
- Brisbane Airport – as consortium counsel in relation to co-ownership arrangements between, among others, IFM, QIC, Colonial First State Global Asset Management, AustralianSuper and Schiphol Group.
- The consortium led by GIP and CPPIB – on the acquisition of Asciano Limited for cash consideration of $9.05 billion by way of a scheme of arrangement, including intra-consortium funding, investment and ownership arrangements.
- HESTA and Hostplus – investments across a range of asset classes and structures, including in infrastructure and private equity.
- Mirvac Funds Management Limited – in its capacity as responsible entity of the Mirvac Industrial Trust (ASX:MIX) on the 100% acquisition by a member of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. by way of trust scheme proposal.
- Wesfarmers Limited – on its $1.01 billion trade sale of its insurance broking and premium funding divisions.
- Westpac – on its partial sell down of its stake in BT Investment Management by way of institutional block trade and retail offer.
- GPT – on its $2.99 billion takeover bid for Commonwealth Property Office Fund.
- Mirvac Limited – on its industrial and logistics partnership with Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (MSREI).
- Westpac – on the sale of its banking operations in the Pacific Islands to Bank of South Pacific Limited.
- Crestone Wealth Management – on the management buy-out of the Australian wealth management business of UBS.
- SFG Limited (now part of IOOF Holdings Group) – on its acquisition of wealth management group Lachlan Partners.
- Australian Food and Fibre Limited – in relation to Public Sector Pension Investment Board's co-investment to form a new joint venture.
- Capital and pipeline partnerships in the REIT sector.