About Sean Cole
Sean specialises in funds-related investments, wholesale fund formation and mergers and acquisitions work in the superannuation, REIT and financial services sectors.
This includes advising superannuation funds and other institutional investors on their investments into all forms of collective vehicles and co-investment structures, as well as direct asset acquisitions, disposals and intra-consortium arrangements.
Sean is also experienced in acting for fund sponsors on the formation of wholesale and co-investment vehicles, and advising clients on a range of fund secondary transactions.
Sean's relevant experiences include advising:
- Australian LP investors on their investments into:
- a range of closed-ended pooled and co-investment vehicles, including those sponsored by KKR, Partners Group, PAG Asia, PEP, Anchorage Capital Partners and Stone Point Capital; and
- hedge fund and other alternative asset open-ended fund structures, including those managed by Graham Capital Management, Hayfin Capital Management LLP, BlackRock and Nephila Capital Management;
- Australian superannuation funds on a range of fund secondary transactions in both domestic and foreign domiciled funds.
- Institutional investors in relation to the acquisition or divestment of direct asset investments, including:
- An Australian superannuation fund in relation to its bid for Hobart Airport.
- An institutional client in relation to the sale of its interest in International Parking Group to its co-owners Prime Super and funds managed by Colonial First Global Asset Management.
- Brisbane Airport as consortium counsel in relation to the co-ownership arrangements between, among others, UniSuper, IFM, QIC, Colonial First State Global Asset Management, AustralianSuper and Schiphol.
- The consortium led by GIP and CPPIB in relation to the acquisition of Asciano Limited for cash consideration of $9.05 billion by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Australian Food and Fibre Limited in relation to Public Sector Pension Investment Board's co-investment to form a stapled joint venture in relation to AFF's group operations.
- Institutional and A-REIT clients on funds-related acquisitions and disposals in the real estate sector, including:
- AMP Capital Investors (on behalf of its managed client) in relation to its acquisition of a 49.9% stake in Brookfield managed vehicles owning 50 and 60 Carrington Street, Sydney.
- ISPT in relation to its acquisition of a 50% interest in 275 Kent Street, Sydney.
- Mirvac Group in relation to the formation of its Industrial and Logistics Partnership with Morgan Stanley Real Estate, including related logistics asset acquisitions and disposals.
- Mirvac Funds Management Limited in its capacity as responsible entity of the Mirvac Industrial Trust (ASX: MIX) on the 100% acquisition by a member of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. by way of trust scheme proposal.
- GPT on its $2.99 billion takeover bid for Commonwealth Property Office Fund.