About Ben Farnsworth
Ben has extensive experience acting on complex project finance, leveraged finance and corporate and structured finance transactions in Australia and in various other regions of the world.
He has acted for both lenders and sponsors in a wide range of industries including mining, oil and gas, economic infrastructure, power and water as well as PPP transactions. Ben has extensive experience in export credit agency lending, as well as security structures across multiple jurisdictions.
Some of Ben's recent representations include advising:
- Ichthys LNG Project – on the US$20 billion project financing for the US$34 billion Ichthys LNG Project.
- Wesfarmers – on the refinancing of its A$1.25 billion syndicated facility by entering into A$1.25 billion revolving cash advance facilities with relationship banks.
- Mermaid Marine – the syndicate banks in relation to acquisition financing for MMA Offshore Limited in respect of its acquisition of the Jaya group subsidiaries.
- BC Iron – on the US$130 million financing to fund the purchase of an increased stake in the Nullagine iron ore project in the Pilbara region from Fortescue Metals Group.
- Fortescue Metals Group – on the US$490 million ECA covered syndicated facility to fund Fortescue Metal Group's expansion of its iron ore capacity.
- AngloGold Ashanti – on the A$600 million syndicated facility to finance its Australian operations and its refinancing.
- Otto Energy – on the US$40 million financing of an expansion of the Galoc oil field project in the Philippines.
- Ausdrill – on a $550 million dual currency syndicated facility agreement for Ausdrill Limited.
- BWP Trust – on the refinancing of its A$430 million bilateral bank facilities.
Ben is admitted to practice in Western Australia and England and Wales.