About Jo Folan
Jo specialises in banking and finance. She has experience acting for lenders, borrowers and sponsors in relation to all types of debt finance, including in particular corporate, property, project and acquisition financing.
Jo’s relevant experience includes advising:
- Major borrowers including FOXTEL, Brookfield and Brambles.
- Financial sponsors including Pacific Equity Partners on the financing of its acquisition of the Peters Ice Cream business from Nestlé.
- Lenders on:
- the provision of various debt facilities to APT Pipelines.
- the 2011 refinancing for WA Gas Networks.
- the $5.5 billion bank bridge facility for the acquisition by the Westfield Retail Group of 50 per cent of the Australian and New Zealand assets of the Westfield Group and on the $22 billion facility package for the Westfield Group to complete its restructure.
- a number of leveraged acquisition financings, including the acquisition by Pacific Equity Partners of a 50 per cent interest in SCA Hygiene's Australian, New Zealand and Fijian businesses.
- the A$2 billion refinancing of global private hospital group Ramsay Health Care Limited's syndicated facility.
- the A$1 billion syndicated loan facility for AMP Group Finance Services.
- the A$3.25 billion syndicated loan and bank guarantee facility for Lend Lease.
Jo started at Allens in 2010 after spending five years with Shearman & Sterling LLP in its London office. While with Shearman & Sterling LLP she worked on a number of leverage financings with large syndicates comprising a diverse selection of lenders as well as corporate financings and public-to-private acquisitions.