About Alexandra Mason
Alexandra is a commercial litigator with extensive experience acting in relation to commercial disputes and regulatory investigations for some of Australia's largest corporate clients. Her clients include financial services firms, including leading retail banks, investment banks and accountancy firms, as well as private equity, construction, mining, retail, travel, technology and sporting clients.
Alexandra has been involved in a wide range of complex litigations in Australian courts, including disputes in relation to benchmark manipulation, cartel conduct, misleading and deceptive conduct, unconscionable conduct, breach of contract, breach of directors' duties, auditor negligence and shareholder class actions. Alexandra also specialises in advising clients in relation to major or complex investigations and disputes involving regulators and has dealt extensively with ASIC, the ATO, the Financial Services Ombudsman and the Australian Bankers Association.
Alexandra's recent experience includes:
- acting for Westpac in relation to the penalty proceedings commenced by ASIC alleging bank manipulation of the Bank Bill Swap Rate (BBSW);
- acting for KPMG in relation to significant commercial litigation (including class actions), arising out of the liquidation of the MFS/Octaviar group;
- acting for a major facilities services company in relation to litigation regarding claims for breach of contract;
- acting for an online hotel aggregator in relation to a breach of contract claim;
- advising banking and financial services clients in relation to investigations by ASIC, the ATO, FOS and the ABA, including advising in relation to customer remediation programs;
- acting for a major construction company in relation to an ASIC investigation into possible breaches of continuous disclosure requirements;
- advising banking clients in relation to compliance-related matters, including the implementation of conflict of interest frameworks and market misconduct policies; and
- advising retail and technology clients in relation to product liability matters.
Alexandra also acts as a solicitor for the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Oceania Registry, and manages sports-related arbitrations arbitrated by the CAS within the Oceania region.