About Jaime McKenzie
Jaime has a wide-ranging contentious practice including litigation in the Supreme, Federal and High Courts and acting in arbitrations, mediations and regulatory investigations in Australia and the United Kingdom.
She has acted in numerous matters concerning contractual disputes, misleading and deceptive conduct claims, financial services regulation, product liability (including product recalls) and insurance.
Jaime's strength is exercising sound commercial judgement to provide strategic advice for the resolution of disputes. Jaime’s recent experience includes:
- PTTEP Australasia (Ashmore Cartier) Pty Ltd – acting in a class action in the Federal Court arising from a well control incident resulting in an uncontrolled release of oil and gas in the Timor Sea and advising in relation to a related multi-billion dollar claim commenced by the Government of Indonesia in Jakarta.
- American multinational supplier of recreational vehicles – advising in relation to a national product recall of goods potentially containing asbestos.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc – advising in relation to a significant product liability matter relating to lung injuries suffered by consumers as a result of a household humidifier sanitizer product sold by its subsidiary in South Korea.
- Global financial services provider – conducting an internal investigation in connection with commodities trading, advising in relation to regulatory engagement and investigations in the US, UK, Asia and Europe and advising in relation to improving compliance policies and procedures.
- CSL Limited – acting in a personal injury dispute in the Federal Court concerning manufacturer product liability relating to CSL's influenza vaccine.
- Large gas suppliers – acting in a multi-million dollar gas price review and arbitration under a long term gas supply agreement and advising in relation to drafting gas supply agreements and potential price reviews.
- Insurance disputes for both insurers and insureds – advising insureds on coverage and acting in insurance disputes for insureds and insurers.
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited – acting in more than 15 Supreme Court proceedings arising from the collapse of forestry managed investment schemes.
- Regional and international clients including ExxonMobil and Siemens – acting in anti-dumping investigations commenced by the Anti-Dumping Commission and advising clients in relation to Australia's anti-dumping regime.