About Stephanie Malon
Stephanie specialises in superannuation, funds management and financial services law.
She has a depth of experience in:
- Advising clients in relation to the superannuation, financial services and markets regulatory regimes and liaising with regulators.
- Advising superannuation and other financial services clients on governance matters and core service provider agreements.
- Assisting superannuation and other institutional investors with investments across a range of asset classes, including private equity and infrastructure.
- Working with fund managers to launch and operate retail and wholesale funds.
Highlights of Stephanie's experience include advising on:
- Some of the largest superannuation fund mergers in Australia, including mergers involving First State Super, Sunsuper and HESTA.
- Regulatory and governance matters, as well as custody, administration and other core service provider agreements, for AustralianSuper, First State Super, StatePlus and Sunsuper.
- Investments across a range of structures and asset classes, including private equity and direct investments, for leading institutional investors such as Hostplus, AustralianSuper, First State Super, HESTA, REST and CPPIB.
- The establishment and launch of managed investment schemes for BT and Aviva Investors.
- Australia's recently reformed market licence regime for Refinitiv (Thomson Reuters' financial and risk business) and MarketAxess.
Stephanie is a regular speaker at conferences and events, including at the Law Council of Australia's Superannuation Conference. She also publishes on areas of interest, including in the Australian Superannuation Law Bulletin and Unravelled. Stephanie is actively involved in industry bodies and has taken lead roles in developing industry templates.