About Huyen Nguyen
Huyen Nguyen is a Vietnamese lawyer who has more than fifteen-year's experience practising law in Vietnam. Huyen has broad experience acting for foreign investors in a wide range of industries, including energy and infrastructure, focusing on power, oil and gas, mining and construction. Huyen has up-to-date knowledge of the Government’s policy in the energy and various areas and first hand experience assisting clients to overcome issues in infrastructure investment and renewable projects in Vietnam.
Huyen graduated from Hanoi Law University and holds an LLB in International and European Law from University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France. She has been a member of Hanoi Bar since 2009. She speaks fluent Vietnamese, French and English.
Huyen's experience includes advising:
- Foreign investors in a number of BOT power projects in Vietnam including Mong Duong 2, Phu My 2-2, Phu My 3, Nam Dinh 1, Vung Ang II, Vinh Tan III and a number of other BOT power projects which have been under development stages - on various matters related to obtaining development rights and operation of BOT projects.
- A world leading oil & gas corporation - on their potential investment in a mega LNG to power project in the north of Vietnam.
- A US investment fund - on preliminary research for an LNG to power project in the south of Vietnam; assisting in the preparation of an MOU with the local people's committee.
- A European investor - on its potential partnership for development of an integrated LNG-to-power project in Vietnam; advising on regulatory issues and structuring matters.
- Nghi Son Refinery Project – on various aspects of its development, including procurement, construction, corporate and government issue.
- An Asian investment fund – on its acquisition of a hydro power project in the North of Vietnam; advising on all aspects of the transaction including investment structuring, obtaining development rights, construction and financing.
- Asian Development Bank – on regulatory and financing issues for development of a number of waste-to-energy projects in Vietnam.
- An investment fund – on its proposed acquisitions of a number of hydro power projects in the centre and subsequently in the north of Vietnam, including preparation of a due diligence report, commenting on the standard PPA and advising on investment structuring.
- GE Vietnam – on various regulatory issues and contracts (including turbine supply and installation and maintenance) and its acquisition of a local company operating wind power projects in Vietnam.
- A US based company – in relation to its potential investments in various wind and hydro power projects in Vietnam.
- A Thai investor – on its potential acquisition of two IPP power projects in Vietnam, in conjunction with Linklaters.
- A Malaysian renewable developer – on the potential acquisition of a number of renewable asset opportunities including an offshore wind project and a floating solar project.
- A UK investor – on the potential acquisition of two 50MW solar projects in Khanh Hoa province and subsequently a rooftop solar portfolio located in different provinces in Vietnam.
- A Singaporean investor – on the development of a set of corporate PPA rooftop solar projects in Vietnam.
- Mainstream – on its potential investment in a number of renewable projects in Vietnam.
- Orsted – on regulatory issues in relation to investment in wind power projects in Vietnam.
- Macquarie Capital – on its potential investments in a number of wind and solar projects across Vietnam.
- Iberdrola – on regulatory issues and services agreements for its renewable projects in Vietnam.
- Mitsui and PTTEP – on their development of Block B/52 project in Vietnam, assisting on Government Guarantee and Undertaking and on various legal issues in relation to the project.
- Exxonmobil – on various regulatory issues for its oil and gas related investments in Vietnam.
- Sovico Holdings – on its proposed sale of an interest in a petroleum block offshore Vietnam.
- A Korean investor – on its potential sale of interest in a petroleum block offshore Vietnam, assisting in preparing the farm-out agreement and other transaction documents.
- Various foreign investors – on a number of road and port projects in Vietnam including a Japanese consortium on the development of Lach Huyen Port in Hai Phong city, a Japanese trading house on its development of a coal terminal in the South of Vietnam and a Hong Kong based foreign investor on its potential acquisition of a highway project in Vietnam.
- A world leading company operating in limestone industry – on its acquisition of an 100% of equity interest in a local mining company, including obtaining various permits, licences and approvals for construction of the plant and of the mine.
- A French hospital – on expanding its project in Vietnam.
- A Chinese investor – on its acquisition of a number of port projects in Vietnam; assisting in due diligence process and providing regulatory advices.
- Olympus Capital – on its investment in Dong Nai Plastic Corporation, a company listed on HOSE.
- Siam City Cement Public Company Limited – on various regulatory issues related to the negotiations and implementation of existing and new cement productions in Vietnam.
Huyen has contributed to the World Bank’s publication ‘Doing Business in Vietnam’ and authored a number of articles on infrastructure on Vietnam Investment Review.