About Ngoc Nguyen
Ngoc is a Senior Associate in Corporate and M&A, advising clients in both private and public M&A and capital market. Ngoc has extensive experience in working with private equity clients in complex structured transactions. Her expertise spans across a wide range of sectors, including high-technology, e-commerce, fintech, insurance, consumer, F&B, logistics, education, casino and renewable energy, etc.
Ngoc obtained an LLB from the Faculty of Law of National Economics University of Vietnam and an MSc of Law and Finance from Queen Mary University of London, both with distinction.
Ngoc's recent experiences include:
- Affirma Capital (previously Standard Chartered Private Equity) – on most of its investments and divestments in Vietnam, including M-Service (an operator of Momo e-wallet platform), NKid (an operator of kid activity centres), Golden Gate (a leading operator of restaurant chain), Loc Troi Group (a leading supplier of agriculture products) and Sieu Viet Group (an operator of leading online job posting portals);
- International Finance Corporation – on its investment in PVI Holdings (insurance group listed on HNX) and Mavin Group (animal feed provider);
- SeaTown Master Fund - on its joint equity investment in one of Vietnam's largest retail platform and supermarket chain The CrownX – subsidiary of Masan Group.
- Olympus Capital – on its Series B investment and partial divestment from Scommerce Corporation (an operator of GHN and AhaMove technology based delivery services).
- Hillhouse Capital – on its strategic divestment from VinaCafe (a leading instant coffee supplier listed on HOSE).
- AXA SA – on its strategic investment in Bao Minh Insurance (a state owned and leading insurance company listed on HOSE).
- Leading investment banks – on a number of block trade transactions relating to listed companies in Vietnam.
- BIM Group – on its joint venture investment with AC Energy for development of wind renewable projects.
- Actis – on its strategic joint venture (involving bond issuance) with An Phat Holdings to develop An Phat 1 Industrial Park.
- Viet Thai International – on the restructuring of its investment with existing investor.
- Abbott Laboratories – on its acquisition of local pharmaceutical companies and matters relating to its business operation in Vietnam.
- TCC – on its bid to acquire the Big C retail business in Vietnam from Casino Group of France, comprising 32 hypermarkets/supermarkets and a convenience store chain.
- TA Associates – on its investment in MISA Group (a leading software provider).
- Bayer AG – on its carve-out of the Material Science business in Vietnam.
- QBE International – on the internal restructuring of its Vietnam insurance subsidiary.
- Qantas – on corporate and regulatory issues relating to its investment in Jetstar Pacific Airlines.
- Domestic and international clients – on their corporate restructuring, including offshore inversion process.
- International clients – on their proposed investments in insurance and casino sectors.
Ngoc is fluent in Vietnamese and English.