About Ben O'Hoy
Ben's area of expertise is in domestic and international financings, where he has wide-ranging experience in syndicated lending, bilateral, secured and structured financings. He has a particular focus on corporate and event-driven transactions, including public and private M&A, margin lending and other structured lending arrangements. He acts for corporates, banks and alternative credit providers.
Ben spent three years at Linklaters on secondment to the banking and finance group in London, where he worked extensively on financing transactions across the credit spectrum.
Ben has advised on a range of financing transactions. These include advising:
- Treasury Wines Estates in relation to its ongoing financing arrangements with domestic and international banks;
- CSL Limited in relation to its ongoing financing arrangements with domestic and international banks;
- Lenders to the £500 million Worldpay IPO margin loan facility for Bain Capital and Advent International;
- Lenders in relation to the establishment of facilities at the corporate level of Transurban;
- Glencore in relation to its ongoing financing arrangements with domestic and international banks;
- Geberit AG on the acquisition facility in relation to its $1.4 billion public acquisition of Sanitec Corp.;
- Westbourne Capital in relation to a holdco facility for Macquarie Atlas Roads Limited's purchase of the Dulles Greenway Toll Road;
- Brother Industries on the acquisition facility in relation to its £1 billion public acquisition of Domino Printing Sciences plc;
- Deutsche Bank in relation to the loan portfolio sale of Postbank London Branch’s £1.4 billion real estate loan book to GE Capital;
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp in relation to its purchase of GE Capital's leverage finance loan portfolio in Europe;
- First State Super in connection with the establishment of subscription financings; and
- BlackRock in connection with the establishment of subscription financings for their Asian Property Fund.