About Jacqui Rowell
Jacqui specialises in energy and resources, with a focus on large scale projects in the energy and resources sector. Jacqui has extensive experience advising on both upstream and downstream, and onshore and offshore, projects. Jacqui has also acted on a number of major infrastructure developments, in addition to advising on joint venture arrangements and acquisitions and disposals in this space.
In addition to acting for major energy and resources clients, Jacqui has also represented lenders in respect of project financing of infrastructure developments, including for renewable energy projects. Having worked at Linklaters in London, she has extensive experience acting for clients across a broad range of jurisdictions.
Some of Jacqui’s experience includes advising:
- Woodside – in respect of:
- its Wheatstone project;
- its LNG sale and purchase arrangements; and
- a number of domestic gas sales arrangements regarding its West Australian gas portfolio, including high volume gas sale and purchase agreements with Perdaman Chemicals and Fertilisers Pty Ltd, Alcoa of Australia Limited and the Worsley Alumina Joint Venture.
- Santos – on M&A transactions in respect of Australian gas assets, and in respect of certain of its joint operating interests in Australia.
- Total and INPEX as sponsors of the Ichthys LNG Project – including:
- implementation of the project restructure in readiness for sell-downs and project financing (upstream and downstream), together with the associated reorganisation of upstream and downstream interests between the relevant project participants;
- preparing joint operating and shareholder arrangements; and
- documenting shipping arrangements required to satisfy DES sale and purchase obligations for the Ichthys LNG Project.
- ECAs and commercial lenders – on the financing of the US$20bn Yamal LNG Project in Russia, including coordination of lender-lead due diligence on all aspects of the project.
- Macquarie Capital – on the acquisition of Phoenix Energy’s interest in Australia’s first commercial scale waste to energy facility (in Kwinana, Western Australia), and subsequent sell-down to DIF.
- Cleanaway – on proposed waste to energy projects and other waste arrangements.
- CITIC – on all aspects of the Sino Iron Project.
- Barrick – in respect of its mining interests in Papua New Guinea.
- Rio Tinto – on certain of its international mining interests, its multi-billion dollar Pilbara expansions to reach 360Mtpa, the renegotiation of certain Pilbara joint venture arrangements, and its iron ore marketing arrangements.
- Ok Tedi – in respect of its special mining lease in Papua New Guinea.
- Various energy and resources companies – in respect of their mining and oil and gas interests in Australia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the United Kingdom.