About Jacqui Rowell
Jacqui is an energy and resources specialist, with extensive experience in the oil and gas sector, mining sector and increasingly on clean energy projects. In addition to commonly advising operators and sponsors on joint venture structuring, offtake and operations phase services arrangements, Jacqui has also acted on a number of M&A deals in the sector. Jacqui has also represented lenders in respect of project financing for energy and resources projects.
Having worked at Linklaters in London, Jacqui has extensive experience acting for clients across a broad range of jurisdictions.
Jacqui’s relevant experience includes advising:
- Woodside – in respect of:
- LNG sale and purchase arrangements as both purchaser and seller;
- its Wheatstone Project;
- a number of domestic gas sales arrangements regarding its West Australian gas portfolio, including high volume gas sale and purchase agreements with Perdaman Chemicals and Fertilisers Pty Ltd, BHP, Alcoa of Australia Limited and the Worsley Alumina Joint Venture; and
- new energy investments.
- Rio Tinto – on certain of its international mining interests, its multi-billion dollar Pilbara expansions to reach 360Mtpa, the renegotiation of certain Pilbara joint venture arrangements, and its iron ore marketing arrangements.
- Equinor – on its investment in entities developing Australian offshore wind assets in both NSW and Tasmania.
- EDL - in respect of certain power projects in Western Australia.
- Santos – on M&A transactions in respect of Australian gas assets, and in respect of certain of its joint operating interests in Australia.
- Total and INPEX as sponsors of the Ichthys LNG Project – including the implementation of the project restructure in readiness for sell-downs and project financing, preparing joint operating and shareholder arrangements and documenting shipping arrangements required to satisfy DES sale and purchase obligations for the Ichthys LNG Project.
- ECAs and commercial lenders – on the financing of the US$20bn Yamal LNG Project in Russia, including coordination of lender-lead due diligence on all aspects of the project.
- Lenders (including National Australia Bank) - on the financing of a six site solar portfolio in the United Kingdom.
- Macquarie Capital – on the acquisition of Phoenix Energy’s interest in Australia’s first commercial scale waste to energy facility (in Kwinana, Western Australia), and subsequent sell-down to DIF.
- Cleanaway – on proposed waste to energy projects and other waste arrangements.
- CITIC – on all aspects of the Sino Iron Project.
- Barrick – in respect of its mining interests in Papua New Guinea.
- Ok Tedi – in respect of its special mining lease in Papua New Guinea.
- Various energy and resources companies – in respect of their energy and resources assets in Australia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the United Kingdom.