About Jacqui Rowell
Jacqui specialises in energy and resources, with a focus on large scale projects in the energy and resources sector. Jacqui has extensive experience advising on both upstream and downstream, and onshore and offshore, oil and gas projects. Jacqui has also acted on a number of major infrastructure developments in the mining sector, in addition to advising on joint venture arrangements and acquisitions and disposals in this space.
In addition to acting for major energy and resources clients, Jacqui has also represented lenders in respect of project financing of infrastructure developments, including for renewable energy projects. Having worked at Linklaters in London, she has extensive experience acting for clients across a broad range of jurisdictions.
Some of Jacqui’s experience includes advising:
- Rio Tinto – on its multi-billion dollar Pilbara expansions to reach 360Mtpa, the renegotiation of certain of its Pilbara joint venture arrangements, and its iron ore marketing arrangements.
- Ok Tedi Mining Limited – on its 2011 share buy-back from Inmet Mining Corporation.
- Total and INPEX as sponsors – on the Ichthys LNG Project, including implementing the project restructure in readiness for sell-downs and project financing and documenting shipping arrangements required to satisfy DES sale and purchase obligations.
- Bayerngas Norge and Stadtwerke München – on the joint venture entered into with Centrica in respect of their European oil and gas exploration and production businesses, including assets in the United Kingdom, Norway, the Netherlands and Denmark.
- ECAs and commercial lenders – on the financing of the US$20 billion Yamal LNG Project in Russia.
- Deutsche Bank – on the financing of a UK solar plant project.
- lenders – on the financing of a six site solar portfolio in the United Kingdom.
- various energy and resources companies – in respect of their mining and oil and gas interests in Australia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the United Kingdom.
- Deutsche Bank – on the sale of its power and gas and uranium commodities trading businesses.
- Goldman Sachs – in respect of proposed inventory sale and purchase intermediation and hedging arrangements.
- lenders – on the project financing of the UK military's 'Fixed Wing' training programme.
- incoming lenders – on the refinancing of the Sheffield Highways Maintenance PFI Project.