About Jodi Reinmuth
Jodi is a specialist in the resources sector and assists companies including across project development, acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures.
Jodi has extensive experience on regulatory project approvals including many years advising on, and negotiating, State Agreements.
Some of Jodi's recent transactions include:
- strategic adviser for Rio Tinto over recent years including in relation to:
- the $100 billion Rio Tinto / BHPB West Australian iron ore production joint venture;
- Rio Tinto's sale of its $1.5 billion Corumbá iron ore mine and associated logistics business in South America and its Argentine/Canadian potash project;
- formation of Pilbara Iron, an infrastructure operator and manager, between Rio Tinto and its joint venture partners, Nippon Steel, Mitsui & Co and Sumitomo Metals; and
- joint venture arrangements including in relation to expansions to 360mtpa in the Pilbara.
- advising clients seeking to construct or acquire renewable generation facilities in Western Australia (including wind farm and wave energy).
- NSW Treasury – a key partner in the Allens’ team advising on the privatisation by way of long term leases of 49% of the State’s electricity transmission and distribution networks. Jodi worked closely with the regulators to secure the transfer of authorisations from the State owned entity to the private sector operators.
- acting for the Sponsors on the Ichthys LNG Project joint venture restructure and sell downs.
- advising various resource companies on joint ventures, farm-ins, regulatory approvals, land access and green and brown fields project development.