About Kounny Rattley
Kounny is an experienced M&A partner, sought out by corporates and sponsors in relation to their strategic mergers, acquisitions and divestments. Her transaction experience spans multiple sectors, including health, consumer goods and services, tourism and financial services.
Kounny is a highly regarded adviser to the private equity sector, advising global and domestic sponsors on complex buyouts, bolt-on acquisitions, restructurings and exits. She is consistently recognised as a leading private equity lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific, where clients have described her as someone who 'delivers expert, pragmatic advice in a commercial context'.
Prior to joining Allens, highlights of Kounny's experience include:
- NRMA – advised on its acquisitions of Manly Fast Ferries and the Fantasea Cruising business.
- L Catterton – advised on its acquisition of Maaji and merger with Seafolly.
- Intermediate Capital Group – advised on its management buyout of Cura Day Hospitals and subsequent exit, valued at $450 million.
- TA Associates – advised on its acquisition of Yarra Capital with $8 billion AUM.
- Goldman Sachs / Balmain – advised on the acquisition of d'Albora Marinas, Australia's largest marina portfolio.
- Bain Capital – advised on its $1.5+ billion bid for GenesisCare.
- NSW Government – advised on its acquisition of ANZ Stadium.
- Pacific Equity Partners / Unitas Capital – advised on the NZ$1.525 billion divestment of Independent Liquor to Asahi.
- Archer Capital and Ironbridge Capital – advised on the $700 million sale of iNova Pharmaceuticals to NYSE-listed Valeant.