About Tim Stewart
Tim has experience acting for lenders, borrowers and sponsors in relation to all types of debt finance, including infrastructure and project financing, acquisition finance, restructuring and general corporate finance. This includes advising on all types of debt products including unitranche and term loan B (US and Australian).
A snapshot of Tim's experience is set out below:
Infrastructure and Projects:
- GIP on its acquisition of a synthetic interest in the GLNG Project from Total.
- Future Fund, CSC and SunSuper on its acquisition of 49% of Amplitel (the Telstra Towers business) from Telstra.
- GIP on its acquisition of a 26.25% interest in the QCLNG Project from Shell.
- NSW Treasury on its sale of 51% of Westconnex.
- The financiers to QIC on its acquisition of the Iona Gas Storage facility.
- Morrison & Co (as manager and adviser), on the joint acquisition by Infratil and Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation of the Canberra Data Centre business.
- Working with First Solar on the development and construction finance for the Manildra Solar Farm (financiers) and Beryl Solar Farm (sponsors).
- QIC, ADIA, IFM and GIP on its acquisition of the Port of Brisbane.
- Various bids on infrastructure assets, including Port of Melbourne, Port Botany and Port Kembla, Port of Newcastle, Port of Darwin and the Sydney Desalination Plant.
- KKR, OTPP and PSP on its acquisition of Spark Infrastructure (ASX: SKI).
- QIC on its acquisition of Pacific Energy (ASX PEA).
- Zimmermann on the sale of an equity interest to Style Capital.
- The financiers to ESR on its acquisition of the PropertyLink Group (ASX:PLG).
- QIC on its acquisition of the Sea Swift business.
- The financiers to the Pacific Equity Partners and Landis + Gyr owned Intellihub on its acquisition of the Acumen smart metering business form Origin Energy.
- The initial purchasers on the US$725m senior notes issuance to American Industrial Partners for the acquisition of Arrium's MolyCop business.
- The financiers to Blackstone on their acquisition of the Ixom Group (formerly the Orica Chemicals business) by way of term loan B.
- Intermediate Capital Group as lender to the LJ Hooker Group.
- The secured bond financiers to the Toys r Us group on the restructure of its debt facilities.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in relation to its loan to the Ten Network Group.
- the financiers to the East-West Connect consortium in respect of the award and subsequent cancellation of Melbourne's East West Link tollroad.
- ANZ Stadium on the restructure of its debt with ANZ.
- the financiers on the A$700 million (equivalent) financing of the Nine Entertainment Group scheme of arrangement by way of a term loan B.
- the financiers on the A$1.38 billion (equivalent) the financing of the Alinta Energy group scheme of arrangement by way of term loan B.
Tim also works with a number of corporate clients advising on their financing arrangements, including OceanaGold, Iron Mountain, the financiers to Nine Entertainment Group, ConnectEast and Australian Gas Networks.
Tim is co staff partner of the Sydney office.