About Huong Tran
Huong Tran is a Senior Associate at Allens’ Hanoi Office and has experience in energy and infrastructure projects and corporate transactions and advice.
Huong holds a B.A. degree with Distinction from the Faculty of Public International Law, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam. She also holds an LL.B. degree from the University of Nottingham, UK and an LL.M. degree with Distinction from the same university.
Huong’s experience includes advising:
- Nghi Son Refinery Project – on various aspects of its development, including construction, procurement, government support and project financing.
- ExxonMobil – on several aspects of its investment in an offshore petroleum project in Vietnam.
- A Malaysian renewable developer – on the potential acquisition of an offshore wind project and a floating solar project.
- A multinational renewable developer – on its sale of a global portfolio of renewable assets, including in Vietnam, in conjunction with Linklaters.
- Nippon Sheet Glass – on various corporate issues including establishment of a joint venture in Vietnam to produce low iron silica sand for use in production of solar panels.
- Nissan Motor Limited – on various regulatory issues and contractual matters relating to its investment in Vietnam.
- A Russian investor – on a legal due diligence of its refinery project in Vietnam.
- An European investor – on its potential acquisition of a legal due diligence of a limestone mining project in Vietnam.
- A Thai investor – on its potential acquisition of two IPP power projects in Vietnam, in conjunction with Linklaters.
- A foreign investor – on a legal due diligence for its proposed acquisition of an interest in the Vinh Tan 1 power plant, in conjunction with a Chinese law firm.
- A Singaporean investor – on its acquisition of an eye hospital in Vietnam.
- Siam City Cement Public Company Limited – on various regulatory issues related to the negotiations and implementation of existing and new cement productions in Vietnam.
Huong has also advised various other foreign investors on a wide range of matters, including regulatory, contract, corporate and labour, in relation to their investments in Vietnam.