About Ngoc Anh Tran
Ngoc Anh has extensive experience working on M&A transactions (both public and private) and capital markets. She has also worked on some of the largest infrastructure, energy and resources projects in Vietnam.
Ngoc Anh holds an LLB from Hanoi Law University and an LLM in Corporate and Financial Services from the National University of Singapore where she attended under full merit-based scholarship.
She also worked with the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore as a research assistant.
Ngoc Anh's recent M&A experience includes:
- Temasek Holdings – on its USD650 million co-investment with KKR in VinHomes (listed on HOSE);
- International Finance Corporation – on its investment in Nafoods (listed on HOSE), PVI Holdings (listed on HNX) and Thien Minh Group;
- Affirma Capital (previously known as Standard Chartered Private Equity) on its:
- sale of a significant minority stake in Golden Gate – a major restaurants and food chain;
- investment in Nkids – the operator of TINI World; and
- investment in Transcendental Human Resources - the operator of Timviecnhanh.com and Vieclam24h;
- Abbott Pharmaceuticals on its:
- acquisition of majority stake in Domesco (listed on HOSE); and
- acquisition of 100% interest in Glomed Pharmaceutical Company Limited;
- Olympus Capital – on its subscription of convertible and non-convertible bonds in Dong Nai Plastic Corporation (listed on the HNX);
- ORIX Corporation and UOB – on their investment in Bitexco Power Corporation – the operator of a portfolio of hydropower plants across Vietnam;
- TIKI Corporation – on its Series C and Series D fund raising;
- KBank Vision Fund – on its Series C investment in Sendo.vn;
- Mizuho Capital – on its investment in SeedCom;
- Northstar on its:
- participation in the Series D funding round in Topica Edtech Group, and
- Investment in UP Co-Working.
Ngoc Anh's recent capital markets and financing transactions include:
- Co-Lead Managers – on the sale of c.USD300million worth of VinHomes shares;
- The Vendors – on the sale of c.USD200million worth of SABECO shares and the sale of c.USD80million worth of ACB shares;
- DB – on its financing to acquire shares in the retail arm of Masan Corporation.
Ngoc Anh's experience projects and development includes:
- Foreign parties (including Mitsui Oil and PTTEP) and Chevron (before its exit) – on their investment in Block B and Block 52 offshore Vietnam, including upstream, midstream and downstream segments;
- ExxonMobil – on its investment in Ca Voi Xanh Field offshore Da Nang on central Vietnam coast;
- Petronas – on the proposed sales of its interests in Blocks 01/97 & 02/97, Blocks 10&11.1, and Block 46-CN offshore Vietnam to SapuraKencana;
- Rosneft – on its participation in Block 06.1, Block 05.3/11 and Nam Con Son Gas pipeline projects.