About Ngoc Anh Tran
Ngoc Anh has extensive experience working on M&A transactions (both buy-side and sell-side) and cross-border investment. She has also worked on some of the largest infrastructure, energy and resources projects in Vietnam.
Ngoc Anh holds an LLB from Hanoi Law University and an LLM in Corporate and Financial Services from the National University of Singapore where she attended under full merit-based scholarship.
She also worked with the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore as a research assistant.
Ngoc Anh's recent M&A experience includes:
- Northstar on:
- its participation in the Series D funding round in Topica, and
- its subscription for a significant minority stake in UP Co – a co-working space start-up company.
- Standard Chartered Private Equity on:
- the sale of its significant minority stake in Golden Gate Trade and Services Joint Stock Company – a major restaurants and food chain in Vietnam; and
- on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in Nkids – an entertainment centre operator and distributor of toys and babies products.
- Abbott Pharmaceuticals on:
- its acquisition of a further stake to increase its total shareholding in Domesco to 51.69%. Domesco is a leading Vietnamese pharmaceutical manufacturer and this transaction was the first time a foreign investor took a majority stake in a public company in Vietnam; and
- its acquisition of 100% interest in Glomed Pharmaceutical Company Limited;
- ORIX Corporation and UOB on their investment in Bitexco Power Corporation (which operates 18 hydro power plants across Vietnam).
- Olympus Capital on its subscription of convertible and non-convertible bonds in Dong Nai Plastic Corporation.
- TIKI Corporation on the Series C and Series D fund raising from investors including VNG Corporation and JD.com, and Northstar.
- Petronas on its sale to SapuraKencana of participating interest in a number of production sharing contracts in Vietnam.
Ngoc Anh’s experience projects and development includes:
- Foreign parties (including Mitsui Oil and PTTEP) on their investment in Block B and Block 52 offshore Vietnam, including upstream, midstream and downstream segments;
- ExxonMobil on its investment in Ca Voi Xanh Field offshore Da Nang on central Vietnam coast in Phu Khanh Basin;
- Chevron, and following Chevron's exit, MOECO and PTTEP on their investment in Block B and Block 52 offshore Vietnam.