About Robert Walker
Robert is a competition and consumer law specialist. He advises clients in relation to ACCC merger clearances, ACCC competition and consumer law investigations and litigation and competition and consumer law risk and compliance. Robert has particular experience securing merger clearances for cross-border transactions and acting for clients in global competition law investigations.
Robert has acted for clients in a range of industries, in particular: financial services, healthcare, oil and gas, mining, gas and electricity and retail.
Before joining Allens, Robert spent seven years with Linklaters LLP in both their London and Brussels offices.
- Hastings Funds Management and First State Super-led consortium – successful $2.6 billion bid to operate a 35-year concession of the land titling and registry operations of New South Wales Land and Property Information.
- bcIMC – acquisition of an interest in Glencore Agriculture.
- Australia Post – ecommerce parcels joint venture with Aramex PJSC.
- Pfizer Inc – proposed $220 billion merger with Allergan plc.
- Royal Dutch Shell plc – $98 billion takeover of BG Group plc.
- Paiperlek Investments SAS – acquisition of Safegate International AB's airfield lighting business.
Investigations and enforcement
- Global investment banks – ACCC cartel investigations.
- Global investment bank – European Commission credit default swaps investigation.
- Oil company – European Commission platts oil benchmark investigation.
- Anglian Water – Ofwat investigation into alleged abuse of dominance in the market for water services.
Robert advises on all aspects of the Australian Consumer Law, including unfair contracts, consumer guarantees and misleading or deceptive conduct. Robert assists clients in relation to ACCC consumer law investigations and litigation.
Robert holds a post-graduate diploma in competition economics from King's College, London and has attended training in competition economics relating to the misuse of market power at the Graduate School of Economics in Barcelona.