Meg is an environment and planning lawyer with qualifications in environmental science as well as a Masters in international and environmental law.
Meg's work primarily involves environmental and planning advice in the context of major infrastructure and property developments, commercial transactions and ongoing advice to government bodies, industrial sector and property clients. A significant component of Meg's practice involves working with clients to obtain project approvals and rezoning of land through councils, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels Victoria.
Meg's experience includes:
- Retail & residential planning - Meg acts on an ongoing basis for Woolworths to obtain planning approvals for the roll out of the Masters stores in Victoria, including in relation to the initial 11 fast-tracked Advisory Committee hearings. She also advises Grocon, APN Outdoor and QIC.
- Wind Farms - advising several wind energy companies on planning and environmental approvals associated with the development of wind farms in Victoria.
- Contamination advice - advising OneSteel, Orica, Ford, Kraft and other large industrial clients on contamination issues on former operating sites in Victoria, South Australia, NSW and Tasmania.
- Water - Meg regularly advises Melbourne Water in relation to Melbourne Water's role as a drainage and floodplain management authority, often in the context of large industrial rezoning of farmland involving significant commercial interests.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Focus - 24 January 2014
- Focus - 22 October 2013
- Client Update - 11 July 2013
- Focus - 10 May 2013